Poll: Which guitar's better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar's better?
Fender Cyclone
16 67%
Japanese Squier Strat
8 33%
Voters: 24.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-CYCLONE-Electric-Guitar-Mustang-Jaguar-Rare-LOOK-/140456202199?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item20b3d78fd7#ht_500wt_947

It's a Fender Cyclone discontinued a couple of years ago.

I play Led Zep, Queens of the Stone Age, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Beatles.

So basically a lot of rock and alt rock.

OR

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-SQUIER-JAPANESE-STRATOCASTER-1993-/220672476149?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item33611ac3f5#ht_500wt_947

A Japansese Squier.

Which one's a better buy and why?
Gear:

Squier Tele Custom ii (p90 version)

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
Dude the cyclone,
Barely anyone else will have one looks pretty sick. The hum and single coils should give you the classic rock sound you want
It's really just a matter of preference; there is no "better" one. I'm sure if they were both in front of you the decision would be much easier (consider getting a guitar you can try out first, ebay can shorthand you sometimes.

Anyway I would prob go with the Jap squire just cause i like strat/maple neck better and who doesn't like olympic white? Not to bash yellow or anything cause yellow is coo toooo.

EDIT: you know, go with the cyclone it's much more unique.
I've heard that the japanese squiers even beat some of the US squiers.
Gear:

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
Last edited by guitarwalrus at Sep 25, 2010,
Maybe the cyclone is the better choice. However, will it suit the classic rock, blues and jazz stuff I wanna play on it?

I know it'll suit the modern rock (queens of the stone age) and alt rock (radiohead) kind of stuff.
Gear:

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
Quote by guitarwalrus

wat

I would get the Cyclone, but that's mainly because I'm not a Strat guy.

The pickup combination will give you lots of options, but either guitar will work sonically.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by guitarwalrus

I read something about the Japanese plant caught fire in '89 or so and Fender just stuck the Squier name on it's standard USA Strats for a while. I've played both and they're quite nice. My USA Squier has a flame maple neck.. no kidding. Pic of it on my profile
Quote by BobDetroit
I read something about the Japanese plant caught fire in '89 or so and Fender just stuck the Squier name on it's standard USA Strats for a while. I've played both and they're quite nice. My USA Squier has a flame maple neck.. no kidding. Pic of it on my profile

yup. it's the truth.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Sep 26, 2010,
the cyclone looks awesome, I'd go for it just because it's so unique looking. It said MIM, so odds are it's not a BAD guitar.
I have a cyclone. Awesome guitar. You'll never get a Les Paul sound of it, beware.
But great for Nirvana/alt-rock/noise rock.
Get the cyclone. They won't be this "easy" to find forever.
Get the Cyclone, I would shred the hell out of that guitar if I got it.
Never played a cyclone so I can't really comment on it.

My friend has a Japanese Squier Strat and it's a very solid guitar. I'd say it's better than a majority of the MiM standards I've played.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER