Hi, a few months ago I accidently left my amp on overnight (yes I know I'm an idiot) and when I found out, I turned it off. A couple of days later when I tried it, it worked fine, but after a few minutes the volume just dropped to almost nothing. Even when on full gain full volume it was still quiet enough to talk over. Anyway, about a week ago, I took it to the shop to get it revalved and biased, but that still did nothing, so what is wrong with it? The guys in the shop said they weren't sure what's wrong with it.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Sounds like you need new tubes, but they should have noticed that when you took it to the shop.
They did put brand new valves in, so it isn't the tubes, the shop didn't know what the problem is. Does anyone have any ideas? And how much it would cost to fix
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
I had a DSL401 about 6 years ago and I had the same problems. I had a warranty through Sam Ash though and they originally said it needed to be re-tubed but it turned out that the motherboard was damaged...long story short they werent able to fully repair it and I received all of my money back.