Now that I have Sonar 8.5, Reason 5.0 Celemony Melodyne 1.5.1, and Guitar Rig 4. What do I need to start recording onto my computer I'm new to this so I need kind of a step by step of what I should do to get it going, and I eventually want to start recording other people and charging money. I'm used to working with multi-track recorders but have recently upgraded this week. Any help would be greatly appreciated =)
MY Setup
carvin v3 full stack 100 watt all tube power
a 1981 carvin (m-22 pickup) great tone
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
An Instrument, an Audio Interface (USB or Firewire) and maybe a microphone.

EDIT: also, on the topic of Guitar Rig, I recommend you use it for clean guitar tones, and definitely for its good noise gate. If you want high-gain tones for rock / metal etc I'd check out the UG VST guide here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1131250
Last edited by Kämpfer at Sep 25, 2010,
thanks for the response what kind of audio interface would i need at a reasonable price that has the capabilities of recording the drums? Say 5 mics? I forgot to mention I have guitars and condenser mics for singing and cables and such..
MY Setup
carvin v3 full stack 100 watt all tube power
a 1981 carvin (m-22 pickup) great tone
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
I'd go for a Firewire interface that has phantom power and as many inputs as you think you would need. More is always better.

I wouldn't be the right person to recommend a certain interface because I haven't had much experience with many.

This looks good, but I don't think it would be very cheap. Focusrite have good reviews

Good luck!