Hey guys, I have a quick question, Is it recommended to get an acoustic guitar as my second guitar, and keep my electric guitar in case I want to play dirty (or electric)?

If so, is a Norman B20 HG recommended, or give me suggestions!
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Fender Frontman Amp (15 watt)
Some Old Classical Guitar
Fender F-310
I have my electric as 1st guitar acounstic as my 2nd and my other electric as a 3rd. It all matters on how it feels and what you play. Some guitars are very comfortable others not. I have a Telecaster for 1 Ovation Applause as 2 and a stratocaster as 3rd. I try to show all of my guitars enough attention like a parent would with children. Most guitarists dont do that. Try that mentallity for a while and see how that goes.
It all depends on what you want to paly, I absolutly love having my acoustic around, very handy for writing songs, playing coffee shops, strengthening the fingers, stuff like that. If you want to get one i'd highly recomend it, also look into the Fender's and Yamaha's in your price range and think about if you want it to be a cut away or not, have electronics in it, ect.

http://www.amazon.com/Fender-Classic-Cutaway-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Electric/dp/B001L8NGJW

but when buying an acoustic, it'd be really good to go down to your local store and actully paly on them cuz the sound and feel will be different in all of them, even in the same models.
I usually play some Reggae, punk, ska, and a bunch of other stuff.
But keep in mind I am a novice guitarist and I am very far from being pro.
But I can still play some songs.
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Fender F-310
I couldn,t imagine one without the other, I have a ACCOUSTIC set and a HEAVY Set, I also find it to be a bonous when I practice my SCALE runs on my ACCUSTIC...great exercise!!
if you're going for laminate back and sides, why not get a seagull s6 slim? it doesn't have the glossy finish, which means it costs a little less - it has a semi gloss finish, and it sounds great, and is probably one of the most recommended guitars for those who are looking for a solid top lam b&s guitar. since i've played a lot of s6's, i always do recommend them because of their tone and good build quality. in fact, they're made by the same folks who make the norman.
Quote by patticake
if you're going for laminate back and sides, why not get a seagull s6 slim? it doesn't have the glossy finish, which means it costs a little less - it has a semi gloss finish, and it sounds great, and is probably one of the most recommended guitars for those who are looking for a solid top lam b&s guitar. since i've played a lot of s6's, i always do recommend them because of their tone and good build quality. in fact, they're made by the same folks who make the norman.

I was just aiming at Norman because at my local guitar shop, they don't have seagull's and have plenty of Norman's.
Here is the site of my local music shop: http://laref.ca/
Though the site is in french ( I live in Quebec, a french region in Canada)

Finally, I did some reasearch, and found out that their are plenty of Music shops near me and a Seagull S6 Slim looks perfect for me, thanks man!
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Fender F-310
Last edited by hell-taph at Nov 5, 2010,