Been learning the acoustic guitar for 6 months and pretty much all my friends know this. But they've never actually heard me playing. Im taking my guitar to school for this talent contest where im playing rhythm. I need to you guys to recommend some songs i could play for my friends just to convince them im awesome and they're not(JUST KIDDING) but u get the point. Nothing really tough pleeease
I'm not sure what you mean by playing rythm, but these songs sound nice on an acoustic:

Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Knockin' On Heaven's Door - Guns 'N Roses
Day Tripper - The Beatles
How To Save A Life - The Fray (there's an acoustic version somewhere on UG)
Losing My Religion - REM

If you want just strumming songs,

Wonderwall - Oasis
The Scientist - Coldplay

Or pretty much any song you have the chords for.

Good luck
i meant rhythm guitarist
And NO, i dont want songs that involve only strumming
Lawl. Anything very well known and if played well, people will love it.
Not to brag, but for example, I was the first to know how to play The Rover - Led Zeppelin first, and I'm probably the one who knows how to play it better and closer to the record, so they keep asking me to play it.

Obviously, me being a big fanatic of Led Zeppelin, you could try a song that even though many do not know of, it's really catchy, and basically it doesn't require any real complicated chords or so, and if you got the hang of pull-off's and hammer on's this will sound absolutly awesome on a electric or acoustic. It's called Over the Hills and Far Away - Led Zeppelin.

Stairway to Heaven if played well (and I do not mean looking up at several tabs, 'cause you won't exactly be able to catch the right positions for your fingers and your just going to play something that sounds more or less like it, but not exactly how Jimmy plays it) but luckily I know the right video to learn it from.
If you search on Youtube for "Stairway to Heaven lesson" and you should pick the video from a guy called JustinSandercoe.
Just for this song there are 6 video's (6 parts) and all of them are around 8-10mins long, so you can tell that he goes in depth at explaining what both hands do and through the whole song, including the solo and after the solo, and not just a simple riff or intro that we all hear everyone play.

There's nothing like playing a few songs from probably the biggest band in the 70's.
Just play chords randomly,

And when people ask what song was that

just be like

oh i was just improvising.

And they'll be like

Zomg he's a guitar god.
Quote by BoL7z
Just play chords randomly,

And when people ask what song was that

just be like

oh i was just improvising.

And they'll be like

Zomg he's a guitar god.

I'm sure his friends are over 9 (Then again, I've seen some 9 year olds or around that play quite well, so not all of them would be amazed either).
People who don't play the guitar, but enjoy listening to music are usually the most impressed when you play them something they know. And if you know how to play things to the beat and without making any gross mistakes, chicks will love you and money comes pouring out of the sky.
Quote by willemhdb
People who don't play the guitar, but enjoy listening to music are usually the most impressed when you play them something they know. And if you know how to play things to the beat and without making any gross mistakes, chicks will love you and money comes pouring out of the sky.

qft
"I can see that we speak the wrong notes."

Warlock NJ Deluxe (haters gonna hate)
Crate EL-10G
Mediterranean Sundance by Al di Meola.
Good luck and have fun.
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
I would suggest wonderwall, like many others have.... also try with arms wide open by creed... it has some simple fingerpicking stuff that sounds really impresive to people who don't play, plus its very melodic.... you can try kryptonite by three doors down... it's pretty simple... good ridance (time of your life) by green day.... smells like teen spirit by nirvana.... these are all pretty easy and are kind of interesting as just the guitar....

I know how to play all of these, but most of my family and non-musician friends have been the most impressed by with arms wide open.....
every guitar player needs to know and be able to play this song. its called stairway to heaven.
easiest song in the world and everybody will recognize it. play this song and your friends will think your good since its a zeppelin song.
Quote by jpcl
I'm sure his friends are over 9 (Then again, I've seen some 9 year olds or around that play quite well, so not all of them would be amazed either).

Non musicians won't know any better. As long as you say you were improvising and it doesn't sound like arse they'll be relatively impressed.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah that's true, I was just chilling at breaktime with an acoustic playing random bluesy pentatonic stuff and these bunch of guys just came over and were enthralled by it.
try joe satriani - Tears in the rain

Bach - cello suite prelude in D

Metallica = Nothing else matters

Ozzy osbourne - DEE

They a little practice but these are some great songs that impress your friends