Well yesterday I was listening to a Peruvian funk band called Big Pollo Funk and well, their bassist kicked ass, tone and technique-wise. So I checked their Facebook page to look at some photos to find out what bass he used and this is what I found:

And well, it's a Jazz bass I guess, but that's about all I know, any help identifyin the bass guys?

EDIT: Here's their Myspace Page. Check out El Cañon and Suban el volumen (which has an AWESOME bass solo).
Last edited by Sant_iago_9 at Sep 25, 2010,
im not good at this type of stuff but i think its a Precision bass. im probably wrong but what the hell!
http://www.youtube.com/user/charliegray12212

check out my youtube channel for guitar covers.

Quote by Radman_Paiza
I saw it with my dudefriend. But I'm totally not gay, because I have a girlfriend. She's imaginary, but atleast I have one.
It's definitely a Lakland of some sort. It's easy to tell from the bridge. Dunno what the exact model is though
It's either a 55-60 or a Joe Osbourne 5 string with Nordstrand Fat Stacks replacing the single coils.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Last edited by Nutter_101 at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by Nutter_101
It's either a 55-60 or a Joe Osbourne 5 string with Bartolini Mk1 replacing the single coils.

This, it's a Lakland 55-60 with Bart pickups. It's probably a 55-60 Custom since it has what looks like a bound neck with block inlays.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
^ Nope nope nope....They look to me like they have exposed pole pieces so they're definitely not barts. My best guess would be Nordstrand's
I can't tell if those are polepieces or if its just an illusion of the camera. Either way, its some variety of 55-60 Custom with aftermarket/alternate pups
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Can't see any pole pieces. Those are definetly Barts.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Lakland Daryl Jones 5 string with Nordstrand fat stack pickups

Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.