Hey guys,

So after doing some research and A LOT of thinking I figure I need 5 more pedals (hoping I don't get GAS again). I would like a tuner, a delay, a phaser, a chorus, and an overdrive (and a powersupply of some sort...but thats for later). So I would appreciate your guys' opinions on the pedals I have found:

Tuner:
Behringer TU300: Cheap but effective. Generally good reviews.

Delay:
(must have tap tempo of some sort)
Vox Time Machine: Built in TT, enough features.
Boss DD-7: Boss, seems like everything I want minus built in tap tempo.
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy: Iffy reviews.

Phaser:
MXR Phase 90 (preferably the custom shop script model): Why not?

Chorus:
EHX Nano Clone: Again, iffy reviews.
MXR Micro Chorus Reissue: Only has one knob which to me would be a draw back.
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus: Good Reviews.

Overdrive:
Boss SD-1: Sounds like what I want.
MXR Wylde Overdrive: Supposedly just a hopped up SD-1. Thoughts?

So that is how I plan on finishing off my rig. The only pedals I am unsure of is a delay and an overdrive (I am leaning towards the Time Machine and SD-1), so feel free to share opinions on those two.

At some point (preferably once I get all my pedals) I do plan on building a pedal board. For a powersupply I am leaning towards a Power-All PA-9D...or a One Spot, haven't decided yet.

Thanks guys.
Strat Copy
Epi Les Paul Black Beauty
Iby JS-100
Takamine G406S

Marshall MG15MSII
Traynor YCV50B

AB>Crybaby Standard>TU-3>DS-1>DS-2>ML-2>ZW-44>B.O.R.

EHX LPB-1>Phase 90>Milkshake Chorus

"Keep on rockin' in the free world"
The DD-7 does have built in tap tempo. You have to hold down the on/off switch, then it switches to tap mode. Or you can buy another pedal to plug into it for tap function
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Tuner: My experience with Behringer pedals is that they can be a tad unreliable and flimsy sometimes. Never tried the tuner pedal, but there's other options out there. I got my Ibanez LU-20 tuner for £20 off eBay, and it's great. There's also the GFS tuner, which I've heard is quite good.

Delay: You've got some good options there. The Deluxe Memory Boy was pretty cool if you want an analog delay. The TC Electronic Nova Repeater was also quite nice when I tried it, I think they're about £120 or something? Never tried the Vox or the Boss you mentioned, though I've heard iffy reviews about the Vox. Alternatively a Boss DD-3 can be had for not that much cash.

Phaser: Yeah, I can't see any problems with the MXR. Don't really know much about phasers to be honest...you can get an EHX Small Stone cheaply though.

Chorus: Don't go with the Nano Clone, whatever you do. Never tried the MXR, but the Visual Sound one is pretty neat. I'd go with the Visual Sound or the new EHX Neo Clone, which seems really cool.

Overdrive: The Digitech Bad Monkey is a popular cheap overdrive; I've never tried one, and they have mixed reviews. I got myself a Biyang Mad Driver off eBay, which is pretty quirky and good for the money (I paid about £33, I think). The SD-1 would probably be decent, I dunno. The MXR GT-OD (is that what it's called?) is also meant to be good.

For powering my pedals, I've got a Sound Lab 9V DC supply with 6 outputs. It does the job nicely, and it can be had for good prices off eBay. Building your pedal board is a good option; it gives you something to be proud of at the end of the day, and it's way cheaper than getting a proper one.

Hope all this info helps you!
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
I used the Bad Monkey to get my Windsor into death metal/deathcore territory. I think it's an amazing overdrive pedal (I've only used a couple though) and I thought it did it's job particularly well; especially for only being like 30 dollars new.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

About the DD-7: Thats just a little bit too much dancing around for me...and the pedal they suggest is HUGE!

@Section 5 in general: We need more UGers like you

My experiences wiht Behringer have also been kinda iffy. I bought an EQ used and the guy I bought it from wouldn't let me try it. Turns out it doesn't work with batteries. (I really shouldn't have bought it but I really wanted it). But hey, for $30, if it works, why blow >100 for a Boss?

I am leaning towards that VS chorus...so yeah.

Anyone know the difference between the GT-OD and the Wylde/SD-1?

Thanks again
Strat Copy
Iby JS-100
Takamine G406S

Marshall MG15MSII
Traynor YCV50B

What kind of OD tone are you going for? That will help us make good suggestions. But I say look at some of what Catalinbread makes, they have some good reasonably priced OD's.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

I don't really know how to describe what I want. The best way i could describe it is a "there but not there" kind of distortion. Like how its not a clean sound, but its not like you're playing through a DS-1 if you know what I mean.

Thanks again
Strat Copy
Iby JS-100
Takamine G406S

Marshall MG15MSII
Traynor YCV50B

Any artist examples? I think I know what you mean but I'm not totally sure.

Quote by bogg808

Ok, My Name is Jonas by Weezer. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL1gXU_I6rg) When the electrics come in, its not like they are tottaly juiced up on gain, but they aren't exactly clean either...kinda get what I mean? And that example is still probably a little too "heavy"...
Strat Copy
Iby JS-100
Takamine G406S

Marshall MG15MSII
Traynor YCV50B

That is one nice looking tuner...
Strat Copy
Iby JS-100
Takamine G406S

Marshall MG15MSII
Traynor YCV50B

I'd look at the Fulltone OCD and the Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret, and maybe a Tubescreamer (get it modded if you can). Any of those could get you the desired tones.

Quote by bogg808

Hahaha, the OCD and a TS-9 were already on my list but I took them off because of the prices....
Strat Copy
Iby JS-100
Takamine G406S

Marshall MG15MSII
Traynor YCV50B

Ditch the DS-1/2, you'll thank me some day.

...You probably won't, but you will realize I'm right, which is good enough for me.

Quote by bogg808

:P But I am actually starting to like the way they sound (they are V E R Y picky about what kind of amp they get played through. With my Traynor, there not half bad.)
Strat Copy
Iby JS-100
Takamine G406S

Marshall MG15MSII
Traynor YCV50B

I'd at least try out a Tubescreamer through your amp, then you can decide if it's worth selling off some of your multitude of Boss dirt pedals.

Quote by bogg808

Yeah, I am forsure gonna go and sit and try like five od's (TS, SD-1, Wylde, GT-OD, OCD...). I just wanna see who has what for what...

Thats how I role...five dirt pedals makes for fun times
Strat Copy
Iby JS-100
Takamine G406S

Marshall MG15MSII
Traynor YCV50B

Quote by LesPaulGuy5544
Yeah, I am forsure gonna go and sit and try like five od's (TS, SD-1, Wylde, GT-OD, OCD...). I just wanna see who has what for what...

Thats how I role...five dirt pedals makes for fun times

Try the Fulldrive while you're at it.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
aie aie
Strat Copy
Iby JS-100
Takamine G406S

Marshall MG15MSII
Traynor YCV50B