Hi there!
I currently have a Fender Classic Player 50's Strat which I got a few months ago. The fretboard and strings have become a bit sticky and dirty from constant playing. I was just wondering what I should use to clean both my strings and the fretboard? It has a gloss fingerboard and neck so I don't want to ruin the beautiful finish Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks.
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Strings should be replaced every couple of months, not cleaned. As for the fretboard, I've no idea.
hmm.. you most likely need a new set of strings. you most likely don't need to do anything to the fretboard since its maple
Sorry, I should have mentioned, I changed my strings a week ago and they are a little sticky. Any advice? Thanks
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

When you play, you sweat.
I sweat a hell of a lot, so with a clean dry cloth, I always wipe the sweat and crap from my strings.
This makes the strings last a LOT longer, especially if your hands are generally as sweaty as mine.

Also, yes, the dunlop stuff is good for cleaning the board.
you can buy string cleaning stuff, but a good cloth would do.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Wash your hands before you play and wipe the guitar down with a microfiber cloth when you finish. Fast fret will also help by keeping the strings from corroding too quickly.
Okay, thanks for the help guys
Quote by Jason

Hehe.