Demo of one of the tracks of my upcoming 'Barmaids Tale EP'.

Its mainly DnB, but with a bit of glitch thrown in, and its made on Reason, with the final version to be produced on Cubase.

The low end isn't so hot at the moment I don't think, but any comments are welcome!

C4C, just link me!

http://soundcloud.com/kings-before-queens/behemoth-demo

EDIT: ignore the synth bit right at the very beginning, its not to be there aha
Last edited by Aaron!! at Sep 25, 2010,
Hey, nice work! I´m more into the relaxed old-school Photek style of d&b with extensive amen usage, but for a party track, this is quite nice! I´m not to sure about the intro, kind of doesn´t fit with the rest of the song. Nice nasty synth sounds, definitely sounding modern and danceable. I´m not too fond on the drums, a bit too basic for drum & bass for me. That said, I´m kind of biased against anything that is not Amen Break! Like your little breaks before each new part, and the "chorussy" one really stands out, produced very well! The glitchy break afterwards is nice too! I think the song could really use a little calm bit in the middle, it´s a little bit overpowering at times. The halftime has a little bit of this effect, but I still think it could be executed a bit better! The re-chorus is nice, just as I expected, and the end fits quite nice. A little more variation, and this one could be a bomb on the dancefloor!

If you want, you could take a look at my trip hop/hip hop CD here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357180

Greets!

Edit: on a second thought, you might want to use the automatications a bit more, to give it some more sweeping effects at times. I´m not entirely sure, but some sidechaining could do great results to this song, kinda giving it an even more unique feel!
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Last edited by Madzää at Sep 25, 2010,
Quote by Madzää
Hey, nice work! I´m more into the relaxed old-school Photek style of d&b with extensive amen usage, but for a party track, this is quite nice! I´m not to sure about the intro, kind of doesn´t fit with the rest of the song. Nice nasty synth sounds, definitely sounding modern and danceable. I´m not too fond on the drums, a bit too basic for drum & bass for me. That said, I´m kind of biased against anything that is not Amen Break! Like your little breaks before each new part, and the "chorussy" one really stands out, produced very well! The glitchy break afterwards is nice too! I think the song could really use a little calm bit in the middle, it´s a little bit overpowering at times. The halftime has a little bit of this effect, but I still think it could be executed a bit better! The re-chorus is nice, just as I expected, and the end fits quite nice. A little more variation, and this one could be a bomb on the dancefloor!

If you want, you could take a look at my trip hop/hip hop CD here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357180

Greets!

Edit: on a second thought, you might want to use the automatications a bit more, to give it some more sweeping effects at times. I´m not entirely sure, but some sidechaining could do great results to this song, kinda giving it an even more unique feel!

Thanks for the great crit!

I totally get you when you mention a calm bit in the middle, I always intended to put one in, but I never got round to it. And as for the intro, I totally agree, I just thought it would be fun to try something different aha, I don't think that'll cut it in the final mix.

Ill return the crit tomorrow most likely, and thank you once again!
Hey, I'm not really well versed in this style of music, but it totally made me want to dance! If that's what you were going for you got it! Really catchy and energetic all the way through.
Hey Aaron,

I really like the drop from the intro to the verse part. Very well done. Really cool melody, I like how it breaks down a little bit at 1:20, 2:38 is really fun and groovy as well. Over all I really like the song it has a whole lot of potential in every part. Very fun and driven, nice work!