You've got the chance to become the person who wrote it, do you take it?
You won't get any of the pre-existing royalties from the song and it will only be as famous as any of your other songs, the only bonus is that you'll have the satisfaction of being the artist behind it. Any effects the song has had on the world of music (Think Stairway, Smells Like Teen Spirit) will also be gone.
So do you do it?

No because no-one would ever hear it. What'd be the point?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I've often wished I could go back in time and publish all the music I love and be known as "teh best musician evar" for around 20 years (cause after that people would start calling me overrated). But then I figured, I wouldn't really wanna screw up my heroes like that, so:
Quote by leg end
Nah
No. Having someone to look up to pretty much fuels my desire to practice and get better at my instrument.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
No way considering my favorite song is Cars by Gary Numan.
He's weird.

Besides, then I wouldn't like it as much.
I never like my original songs as much as other peoples.
No..my songs are my life experience,I wouldn't take someone else's life,to put it that way.
If you could reason with religious people,there would be no religious people.
No way. I tend to think poorly of my own songs.

That's why I don't write much aside from riffs and mad -core breakdowns.
MATTERHORN
Quote by SG_dave
No, because after writing something i would never be able to appreciate it as fully as if someone else wrote it. The mystery behind it's origins and picking up on little parts you've missed before is my favourite part of music.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

So to answer the question, no
Yes.

Knowing all these little details everywhere in the song, knowing that I wrote them. That would be worth it.
HAHA, no seriously. What DO you use a signature for?
It's not worth it if no one is going to listen to it, I wont know it will be good because it is not famous.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
What would be the point?
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by padgea7x
What would be the point?

The satisfaction of knowing you wrote a brilliant song, which IMO is the point of writing in the first place. Personally I wouldn't do it, I just wanted to see what The Pit thought.

no, this is fucked, i hate all of my work, meaning my favorite song would then become my least favorite song.