All the Youtube videos have not helped at all on installing a killswtich by myself. They're way too vague. If someone can guide me or tell me the cost of installing a killswitch professionally, I'd really aprecciate it. I have a B.c. Rich Metal Master KKV and an NT jr. I want to do it on my KKV before I actully preform it on my good guitar.
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
It depends on who is doing it, honestly. But i'd just do it myself. It's not that hard. I used to have one installed on a really cheap guitar.
I'm not trying to be a smart ass here or anything, but, my you please give me an extremely specific guide?
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
Plain ol' on/off button from radioshack, not a toggle switch, thats way too complicated, plus it'll look ugly on my guitar
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
Soldering it to the middle pot of the volume pot. No making a whole new pot.
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
can you take a picture of the switch you're talking about? or find one on the internet? It would be a big help
I'm not sure if the radioshack switch will enable you to switch from "on" to "off" silently, since it's not designed for guitars. You may get an awful click or popping sound when you switch

There is a push-pull made by Dimarzio which would probably work better and will look a lot nicer once you put your knob back on
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-500K-PushPull-Pot?sku=987357

I have a wiring diagram from Seymour Duncan on how to wire up a killswitch. The main thing to focus on is the top right corner, the square diagram labelled "killswitch." All the other wirings are there already in your guitar, so the only wires you have to concern yourself with are the ones connected to the switch you're installing, don't de-solder the connections on the output jack, pickup selector, or tone pot.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-500K-PushPull-Pot?sku=987357

and here's a wiring schematic of your bc rich V.
http://www.bcrich.com/images/schematics/lrg_bronze.jpg
If you dont use the tone knob, why dont you install there.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
My switch doesnt click is that bad? Will I ruin my guitar if I get solder on any other wires? Tell how to do this step by step, PLEASE!
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
Two questions you need to answer.

Where will it be mounted on the guitar?

Do you want it to be a momentary kill (i.e., silent when the button is pressed only) or a toggle kill (push to kill, push again to unkill)?
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
I want toggle kill, like buck and tom. I'm going to drill a hole and put it right next to the tone knob.
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
I'd recommend you get a small arcade button because the radioshack ones are a bitch to push and are extremely noisy. Trust me I used to have one in my guitar and never used it until I put a arcade button insted of that radiocrap one.
The actual install is easy as long as you have a dremel and a soldering iron. takes about 20mins to do and that's with a giant button the smaller arcade buttons take less time
Ok thanks. May someone guide me, please, I get lost right after I solder the wires because I'm scared of ruining my guitar. I know you solder it to the middle pot, put where do you solder the other wire to? PLEASE HELP! I just bought some arcade buttons off ebay.
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
What you want then is to set the switch up to short the hot lead to ground when its toggled.

A SPDT should have 3 posts, IIRC. Center post is baseline, outer posts are output.

Interrupt your hot lead to your jack with the switch. Connect the jack side of the line to the center post, and the guitar side to either side post.
Connect the opposing post to ground. The jack's ground is fine.
In one position, the switch will feed the signal of the guitar to the jack. In the other, it will short the jack the ground, effectively bypassing the whole guitar.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Can you show me a picture of the three please?
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
Or labled diagram
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
Thanks for all the help guys, REALLY APRECCIATE IT! you have no idea! But if guys could do one more thing and give me some kind of labled diagram of what truespin is talking about, I'd really aprecciate it.
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
not that these guys aren't helping, but here's the Official Killswitch thread in the custom section.

it has pics and Jim to help with specific questions.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1288038&highlight=killswitch
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
THANKS MAN! Now I feel stupid for not noticing.
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass