Hey couldn't find in any of the stickies, and not sure if it's the correct forum but does anyone have some good exercises to practice your rhythmic sense, so if you go out of rhythm you can quickly catch up again ?
Play along to a metronome
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
I use this metronome online. You can search rhythms like "rock" "punk" etc. Then I take a progression I want to learn, and practice it on the rhythm, skipping beats, syncopating, etc etc.

It's helped me hear the main bears of songs much better.

http://advanced.bestmetronome.com/
Quote by Wrathchild15
Hey couldn't find in any of the stickies, and not sure if it's the correct forum but does anyone have some good exercises to practice your rhythmic sense, so if you go out of rhythm you can quickly catch up again ?

Use a metronome when practising. Use it religiously for a couple of weeks until you have become accustomed to playin in rhythm.

Playing along with music is another great (and possibly much less boring) way to perfect your sense of rhythm.

There are several ways you can be off rhythm-wise. It helps to read this http://www.theloneguitaristblog.com/advice/rule-guitar-club-lose-audience/
Play with others regularly. Obviously this helps if others can keep in time as well but because you are more involved in the music you pay more attention to these things. Metronome work can be dull be can be useful for practicing techniques and exercises and working with songs is ok. Just be careful to focus on the sound of your guitar rather than the sound of the one on the record.
I agree with everyone recommending using a metronome. Make sure that whenever you're learning something new that you practice it VERY slowly. If you're using a metronome, set it for a low tempo. Practice playing a song or exercise until you can play it without mistakes and THEN set it for a higher tempo.