I'm looking for an OD pedal for blues, some rock. My amp is a Peavey Triumph 60, so not exactly a blues amp. I mostly play the clean channel when I play blues, and was thinking I could get an OD to put through the clean channel to spice it up a little.

The amp's other channels are Ultra and Crunch. Ultra is for metal, Crunch is for older metal or hard rock etc, but too gainy for most blues, unless it's on about 1 or 2, but still not great.

Only want to spend around 60-90 pounds (say €80-€110), so TS808 is out the window and the TS9 is pushing it a bit far.

Used is not a practical option.

How about the Boss Blues Driver BD-2, or the Visual Sound Route 808?

All the videos I've seen of these look good.

The cheaper pedals, SD-1 (needs modding according to many people), and Digitech Bad Monkey, don't seem to sound as good as the slightly more expensive models.

Any other suggestions?

cheers
Ibanez AF105VB
Ibanez RG2550Z
MIM '92 Fender Strat
Peavey Triumph 60
MXR-108.
and that's it. done buying stuff. probably.
Not sure how much their going for at the moment but check out a Fulltone OCD
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!
i was pretty impressed by digitech's hard wire series. Both the od and the valve distortion were great blues machines.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by qotsakyuss
Not sure how much their going for at the moment but check out a Fulltone OCD

I've looked at them. They look good, but around €180 I'd rather spend the difference on something else. For my purposes they're not worth twice the money.
Ibanez AF105VB
Ibanez RG2550Z
MIM '92 Fender Strat
Peavey Triumph 60
MXR-108.
Quote by Artemis Entreri
i was pretty impressed by digitech's hard wire series. Both the od and the valve distortion were great blues machines.

Yeah that's true. I've tried the TL2 before (not considering this now!) and liked it, so I'll def look into the Hardwire ones. Thnks
Ibanez AF105VB
Ibanez RG2550Z
MIM '92 Fender Strat
Peavey Triumph 60
MXR-108.
What about the MXR 193 GT-OD (the green one from MXR). I haven't heard much talk about it and with a name like M193 GT-OD it's not easy to search for.

Anyone tried/own this pedal?
Ibanez AF105VB
Ibanez RG2550Z
MIM '92 Fender Strat
Peavey Triumph 60
MXR-108.
I owned a Triumph 60 for a few. Nice amps. Any halfway decent overdrive pedal should work. A used tube screamer type pedal for example.

Have you tried using your amps gain channels with your guitars volume backed down a bit? Backing off the guitars tone control can also help to get things warmer and rounder.
Quote by bogg808
Why can't you go used?

If I happened to find something used I might go for it, but the used market in Spain is not like in the US, or if it is then I don't know where to find it.

I just looked up ISP Decimator on the Spanish ebay: zero results.

I could go for the UK ebay site but there still aren't too many options.

It seems to be a lot easier to find new stuff over here.
Ibanez AF105VB
Ibanez RG2550Z
MIM '92 Fender Strat
Peavey Triumph 60
MXR-108.
Quote by Earthrug
I owned a Triumph 60 for a few. Nice amps. Any halfway decent overdrive pedal should work. A used tube screamer type pedal for example.

Have you tried using your amps gain channels with your guitars volume backed down a bit? Backing off the guitars tone control can also help to get things warmer and rounder.

I haven't tried dropping the guitar volume actually, I'll try that too.

I've also been using my MXR 10-band with good results.

When you used an overdrive through the Triumph 60, how did you use it? On the clean channel?
Ibanez AF105VB
Ibanez RG2550Z
MIM '92 Fender Strat
Peavey Triumph 60
MXR-108.
Quote by finetune
If I happened to find something used I might go for it, but the used market in Spain is not like in the US, or if it is then I don't know where to find it.

I just looked up ISP Decimator on the Spanish ebay: zero results.

I could go for the UK ebay site but there still aren't too many options.

It seems to be a lot easier to find new stuff over here.

Thats fine, I was just wondering.

The MXR GT-OD that you were asking about is a decent overdrive pedal,
A bad monkey would work perfect.....
tonerider american overdrive? it's supposedly a true bypass ts9... I've got a couple of their other pedals and they're pretty nice. £50.

If you can still find them, the v1 version of the danelectro cool cat transparent overdrive is very nice too. (The v2 might be nice too, but I haven't tried it.)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by finetune

How about the Boss Blues Driver BD-2, or the Visual Sound Route 808?

I used to use the BD-2. It worked pretty well for the blues/blues rock stuff I play. However, I switched to the Keeley BD-2 and like it better. But the stock one wasn't bad. I was able to get a really nice rhythm tone out of it, but I had some trouble getting a nice lead tone out of it at lower volumes. However, when my clean channel was cranked, I was able to get some decent lead tones out of it. Overall, not a bad pedal....but definitely check out some online clips of all the suggestions above.
Main Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster and Stratocaster
Dr. Z Maz 18 Jr. NR, Vintage Fender Twin Reverb (early SF)
Effects from Wampler, Keeley, and others

Session Guitarist out of Pittsburgh
Quote by blkdtr
I used to use the BD-2. It worked pretty well for the blues/blues rock stuff I play. However, I switched to the Keeley BD-2 and like it better. But the stock one wasn't bad. I was able to get a really nice rhythm tone out of it, but I had some trouble getting a nice lead tone out of it at lower volumes. However, when my clean channel was cranked, I was able to get some decent lead tones out of it. Overall, not a bad pedal....but definitely check out some online clips of all the suggestions above.

Not only that but the BD-2 with the Keeley mod with the fat switch really drives a muff pi or clone of a muff pi well if you want to do Gilmour tones.
ibanez tubescreamer (ts9)
i have mine going into my marshall haze 40, certainly not a blues amp either but this is also mainly what i play. i get a pretty good mayer/clapton like tone out of it. if you can spend the money go up to the ts808, john mayer actually has a couple of these in his effects chain
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
I don't think the TS9 works well as an actual overdrive unit. The distortion it creates when stacked on the clean channel is too...sterile.

IMO, for ODs that you're actually using to distort your sound, get a Fulltone OCD, or a Hardwire OD. Fulltone OCD is the best OD out there if you're not looking for a boost, imo.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.