Im buying the Amplitube irig soon and i want to use my fender amp as a speaker
what kind of cable do i need?
doesn't work that way.....but yeah i guess you can play your guitar into PC and then line out to a 1/8 - 1/4 jack and plug into your fender.

unless i'm high on mushrooms i'd say it will sound like crap... what are you trying to do and how good is you PC sound card....assuming you have NO musical interface

recordings and riffs forum has a ton of good info too
even the stock sound cards should do fine enough. maybe my mac has a good one though, cuz i can't notice too much difference when going between that and my presonus (and that is what i am basing that on).

i would recommend a flat responding speaker system for amplitube, monitors would be best. the cab and mic sims on amplitube will make running the signal back through a guitar amp unideal (don't know if it'd sound 'bad' as i haven't tried that yet).

but if you wanna try, the answer to your question would be a 1/8" male stereo to 1/4" female mono socket adapter, you should be able to find that at radio shack. i'd run the 1/8" stereo side of the adapter from the computer's headphone out into a 1/4" normal guitar patchcord running to the amp. you can also use an ipod/mp3 player style 1/8" patchcord and run that from the computer's headphone out to a 1/8" female stereo to 1/4" male mono socket adapter into the amp.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I think he's talking about the Iphone Amplitube program.

I don't know how you would do that if that's the case. It could be done with the PC version pretty easy if you had an interface like a Line 6 UX1 or something.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The iRig is the cable. If you use something else with the amplitube app (sans probably Peavy's offering) it won't match impedance and it'll suck (intended) tone.

Edit: I just re-read your post. If you're talking about going out to an amp instead of head-phones, you need a 1/8" to 1/4" adaptor. I tried going straight into to a PA that way, and it was really noisy. I had way better results plugging my computer speakers into it.
Last edited by 667 at Sep 26, 2010,
hey guys thanks for all the replies

Quote by 667
The iRig is the cable. If you use something else with the amplitube app (sans probably Peavy's offering) it won't match impedance and it'll suck (intended) tone.

Edit: I just re-read your post. If you're talking about going out to an amp instead of head-phones, you need a 1/8" to 1/4" adaptor. I tried going straight into to a PA that way, and it was really noisy. I had way better results plugging my computer speakers into it.

ok in that case i'll use my computer speakers

here's a pic of the back of the unit:
http://ixbtlabs.com/articles/inspire5700vsdtt3500/5700decoder-back.jpg
what kind of cable would i need to connect my iphone <-------> speaker ?
Use a male-to-male 3.5mm plug cable to plug the iPhone into the “front” jack on your sound system. Don’t try doubling it up into the front and rear; this will double the low frequencies and you’ll get an overpowering low end coming out of your sub. If you have the money just drop $150 on a set of decent monitor speakers, which are more suited music than to the wider range of sounds that a surround sound system is made for.
Quote by AFG34

what kind of cable would i need to connect my iphone <-------> speaker ?

This is what u need to go into an amp..
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062468

Along with a length of cable with 1/8" male connectors on each side.
If that pic u posted shows 1/8" female plugs for the in's, you'll just need the 1/8" to 1/8" male to male cable
cool i'm gonna get male2male 3.5mm/1/8" cable sometime tomorrow

Quote by jpnyc
Use a male-to-male 3.5mm plug cable to plug the iPhone into the “front” jack on your sound system. Don’t try doubling it up into the front and rear; this will double the low frequencies and you’ll get an overpowering low end coming out of your sub. If you have the money just drop $150 on a set of decent monitor speakers, which are more suited music than to the wider range of sounds that a surround sound system is made for.

So i did a bit of research about standard pc speakers vs studio monitors and basically monitors reproduce a more accurate sound and pc speakers reproduce a 'better sounding' sound
I don't mix or create my own music, I just listen to a lot of music..so I don't think I would benefit much from monitors.
correct me if i'm wrong
Last edited by AFG34 at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by AFG34
So i did a bit of research about standard pc speakers vs studio monitors and basically monitors reproduce a more accurate sound and pc speakers reproduce a 'better sounding' sound
I don't mix or create my own music, I just listen to a lot of music..so I don't think I would benefit much from monitors.
correct me if i'm wrong

yes, monitors are designed to be 'flat response. computer speakers will sound 'more like what you want it to sound like' for most things (movies, mixed music, etc), this usually means more low end (we love our bass).

the problem i find with computer speakers is that there is a bit too much bass response for guitar, i can usually roll this back a bit with their tone knob. chances are that your software is assuming a 'flat response' setup for it's output (else it'd have to anticipate the response of your computer speakers and that'd be very particular to brand and model). so technically a monitor system would reproduce the softwares guitar better, but really computer speakers are good enough (you might need to cut low end on the EQ though)
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae