Quote by MangeuDePoutine
lol we can hear you change flick toggle at 1:31

Sound very nice to me, keep it up!

-MDP

Funny thing is I had it plugged in directly to the computer.
It sounds kinda cool I guess

Thanks for the listen buds.
Very nice! This got me all dreamy, so simple yet so brilliant. It reminds me of a piece I recorded some years back! I think I got to dig the deepest ends of my harddisk to find it! I believe you should add a bit more reverb into the whole mix, and maybe a little bit of delay on the lead guitar. I believe that you are an Ableton user, so you could use the "Analog Delay"-Preset, I think that one would do nicely with this! I really liked the note choice, very spare and fitting, not overpowering the whole athmosphere. Nice work!

Greets

Edit: that actually reminded me of your ableton question, I haven´t come around answering it in your thread, but I´ll check it out now if I find a solution for that problem!
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Last edited by Madzää at Sep 25, 2010,
Listening.
Nice, in a simplistic way. Really liked the moment when you brought in the distorted guitar, could've been a little sooner, though - the part with just the volume swell-guitar feels just a little too long. Other than that, I don't really have any suggestions - more embellishments could easily hurt the feeling of simplicity, I think. Double tracking the acoustic guitar, and maybe adding some strings (or flute? Could work well with the feeling...) could possibly be nice, but then again it might do more harm than good.
Quote by Madzää
Very nice! This got me all dreamy, so simple yet so brilliant. It reminds me of a piece I recorded some years back! I think I got to dig the deepest ends of my harddisk to find it! I believe you should add a bit more reverb into the whole mix, and maybe a little bit of delay on the lead guitar. I believe that you are an Ableton user, so you could use the "Analog Delay"-Preset, I think that one would do nicely with this! I really liked the note choice, very spare and fitting, not overpowering the whole athmosphere. Nice work!

Greets

Edit: that actually reminded me of your ableton question, I haven´t come around answering it in your thread, but I´ll check it out now if I find a solution for that problem!

Yeah, I'm using Ableton but I'm using POD Amp for my sounds. I was checking through the pre-sets and found one called "sci-fi" and I just stuck with it
I'll look into the reverb stuff.

I would be very thankful if you could explain to me how to make a drum track in Ableton or with Reason.
When I have Reason open I can't hear the sound because it's "Slaved to another ReWire program".

Quote by Nashag
Listening.
Nice, in a simplistic way. Really liked the moment when you brought in the distorted guitar, could've been a little sooner, though - the part with just the volume swell-guitar feels just a little too long. Other than that, I don't really have any suggestions - more embellishments could easily hurt the feeling of simplicity, I think. Double tracking the acoustic guitar, and maybe adding some strings (or flute? Could work well with the feeling...) could possibly be nice, but then again it might do more harm than good.

Yeah, I know that it stretches a bit. I already know what I want to do with it tomorrow.
Oh and that was an electric guitar all the way through, I guess the "Acoustic Folk-Rock pre-set" really works
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Sep 25, 2010,
I re-uploaded the song with an extra three rhythm tracks, doubled the lead guitar, added an outro solo and put some octaves over one part.
The link is in the OP.
I think you´d rather want to write your drums in Ableton, since if you´re writing them in Reason and then want to put it into Ableton, it´s just so much more hassle. For synth sounds, reason cleary has the better vst´s in it, but that´s a complete different field.

For writing drum tracks, first select a drumkit from the library folder to use. Then, if we´re talking in session view, create one pattern on it´s channel. Then you should see a little box, and another empty box low on the right side. Here you can write in your drum pattern. It is a little bit different than writing drum pattern in Guitar Pro, if you´re used to that, but it is nevertheless worth learing! I suggest you start out that way!

Greets!
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts

almilano.bandcamp.com
Quote by Madzää

Then, if we´re talking in session view, create one pattern on it´s channel. !

You lost me here.
I made an "Impulse" track, that's as far as I've gotten.
Ok, I suggest you to watch some ableton youtube tutorials, they might not be your style, but I think you could benefit a lot from these! If you created an Impulse track, you might want to add drum samples into it! after that, you have to create a pattern. In the impluse track in the session view, you see several empty spaces. Double-click on one and you have created a pattern. You should now be able to follow my instructions in the former post. If you still have problems with it, you could watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6y7JXFDQus

Greets!

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts

almilano.bandcamp.com
Quote by Madzää
Ok, I suggest you to watch some ableton youtube tutorials, they might not be your style, but I think you could benefit a lot from these! If you created an Impulse track, you might want to add drum samples into it! after that, you have to create a pattern. In the impluse track in the session view, you see several empty spaces. Double-click on one and you have created a pattern. You should now be able to follow my instructions in the former post. If you still have problems with it, you could watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6y7JXFDQus

Greets!

I don't know where the drum samples are or what "session view" is, sorry :/

OK, I get a little bit now!
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Sep 29, 2010,