Page 1 of 2
im just interested really... i havnt broken one in about 3 years so when was the last time you broke one?

edit:

just so you know before you post... it is sods law that you will break a string very soon lol
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Last edited by Dave Frenzy at Sep 25, 2010,
i hadn't broken a string since i started playing.... and then at band practice one day it snapped, and because i never broke strings, i didn't have any extras. sucked bad
Hmm. About a year and a half, even then it was only with a cruddy nylon string guitar which I probably didn't string correctly in the first place.

Sods law, string breaks only occur on stage.
My first string breakage was during the Unforgiven solo a few weeks ago. First one in 2 years At least!

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!
I think the last time I broke a string was March '09, on my first set of strings. I've had strings break on 3 other occasions, but two were from my idiot of an ex-lead guitarist messing with my guitars while I wasn't looking, and in one case I used the bathroom and came back to find my high E broken, no idea how since I was home alone at the time. o_o I love .12s, they, like, can't break. =D
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
was tuning the high e, .... yeah, not the coolest way to break a string i know -.-
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Limited Edition Worn cherry

Peavey Vypyr 30
Over 20 years but, I am sure I jinxed my self and will break one next time I play.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
I was going to tune down half a step but didnt know hoy. So I looked up on the net and said to but my capo on fret 1 and tune to EBGDAE. Me being clueless (and stupid) did that and the first string broke Lucklel I had a spare set
Couple months ago, had just put a new set of 13-54s on it for Drop C, and I was turning the high string down to D, and it snapped. I was pissed because it was a dumb mistake because I didnt pay attention to how it wound around the tuner.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
a couple months ago actually didnt have money for new strings and i had a new guitar with a new Floyd.. you can probly tell where it goes from there
About two years ago i was just wailing on the low E with poor picking technique knocking it out the saddle twice is a good sign to stop, now my picking technique is far better.
It was maybe a year and a half ago, a couple of months after I started to play. And it was stange since I was slowly loosening the B string when it snapped.
Three weeks ago. New strings, sharp burr on a saddle. B string snapped at the bridge. Not during play, or tuning, just putting tension to the string. No big deal really. It was a used guitar, and was well-used at that.
POOPY-TRIM!
Never broke one playing, just re-stringing. When I used to not know how to re-string, it was so sloppy and had no slack that it would snap a lot.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
I haven't broken one in the nine years i have been playing, however i have broken one when i set my old guitar on fire XD
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends
Quote by Bhaok
Over 20 years but, I am sure I jinxed my self and will break one next time I play.

no ****ing way.
like a month ago.
I break strings like every 2 months or so.
Gear:

-Gibson Les Paul 2008 standard
-MIA Fender sunburst
-Orange Rockerverb C
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Roland 30x
-Line 6 pod x3
About 3 or 4 years ago
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
I've had 2 occasions of breaking strings, and they were about a year ago. The first was when I bent my high E too far, and the second was changing the strings on my acoustic, I snapped the high E. So both incidents were the high E string
Northern wind take my song up high
To the hall of glory in the sky
So its gates shall greet me open wide
When my time has come to die
Quote by rickyj
no ****ing way.

Yep it has been over 20 years since I broke a string.Believe it or not it is true.As an added bonus I only change strings once a year maybe twice if the mood strikes me.I hate the sound of new strings.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
last time i broke a string was... a few months ago? like, 5 or so? it was my A string. it snapped at the core, but the winding was still in stact, so, i had to finish the song we were playing in octaves (i play rhythm in my band). luckily it was practice, not a show. anyways, it snapped I think just cause they were really old strings. i had'nt restrung that guitar for 9 months before it had snapped and I hadn't played it for 7 of those 9 mnths, then I started regularly using that guitar for my band because of the tuning we use, so i guess it wasn't really ready for my playing. I should've restrung it. lol
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
2-3 weeks ago or so. For some reason it was the A string this time.
Last time I broke one it was on my acoustic when I was tuning to an insane Goo goo dolls open tuning.
Otherwise Its always either the B or e strings on my Electric that snap during string bends and the like.
Today, haha.

Also my first time breaking a string. It was during tuning... beh. Was done (floyd) and for some reason just hit the tremelobar to increase tension. The bam, D string broke. Right at the string lock part, so it wasn't such a big deal. Could use the same string. Also was the first time messing with the strings with a floating bridge. Wasn't that big of a deal actually.
The bridge isn't leveled correctly anymore though.. No idea why. It's all tuned standard, just like before.. oh well..

Acoustic guitar string broke about a month ago. Not even while playing. Just happened over night. Strings had not been changed for over 7 years, so no real surprise there. Had to happen some day :p
last week, i was fingering an A minor, and i broke the G.

OT: i tuned up from open D, and the 1st string snapped. i was pissed off. i dont like changing strings.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
The last time I broke a string was about a year ago. I was at my friend's place jamming along to an Anthrax album, when my E string snapped and popped out.

My friend said, "Jeez, I told you not to pick that aggressively??"

He was right.

ron666
last nite

they were fresh strings too

Jay Turser: JT-134DC
Epiphone: G-400
Gibson: SG Special Faded Cherry

Line 6: Spider III 15-watt
Marshall Haze 40

DOD FX65 Chorus
Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
EH4800 Small Stone Phase Shifter
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Deltalab Tube Overdrive TO1
Last edited by smmSTV at Sep 26, 2010,
A couple weeks back, I was (ironically) restringing a guitar. I was extremely tired though so I pulled it too much while tuning and it snapped >_>.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Prob about 6 months, I was tuning my guitar with a bigsby and I just completly F'ed up and i snapped it.

Last time I snapped one while playing was about 3 years ago, I put down a massive bend on some squier, I then got whip lashed by the string and it cut open my arm
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I've actually never broken a guitar string, ironically enough I've broken bass strings... but that was because I was trying to tune a 6 string bass to a guitar.. didn't go well.. x.x
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
its always the A or the high E string that break on me about every 2 months or so...
and always when im in the middle of something AWESOME!
Quote by tukk04

almost forgot...
thats for you TS/n00b

Quote by timeconsumer09
No, just disregard all the posts in this thread that say that the tone is noticeably worse when it's dying...

i should have read the thread
Haven't broken a string yet ever since switching to 12-56 gauged strings. I'll end up changing them before I break them.
I thought breaking strings was a lot more common! I'm amazed at the dude who hasn't broken one in 20 years! I break them fairly regularly when playing. I play 10-52 standard tuning and have broken every string at one time or another. The most common string I break is the 4th. I change my strings every month or sooner if required on all my guitars. Most recent string break was last Wednesday night 3rd string during a bend at the 2nd fret on my Strat. However, I have never broken one while re-stringing.
Page 1 of 2