is it possible for me to convert a Roland Solid state Cube 15 to a Cube 30. i mean all i really have to do is get the speaker changed to a higher wattage, right?
Quote by Maynard James Keenan

Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion
Quote by Corby1888
No.

+1

How would that amplify it more?
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Amaseng

+1
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
All that would do is put 15 watts into a bigger speaker. The power comes from the amp.. the speaker just has to be able to handle it. Sorry buddy, you want a cube 30, you have to buy one.
Quote by mydian
All that would do is put 15 watts into a bigger speaker. The power comes from the amp.. the speaker just has to be able to handle it. Sorry buddy, you want a cube 30, you have to buy one.

Ya, I would sell your 15 and get a 30. You would most likely just mess up you 15 trying to mod it to a 30.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
I can't even think of a way to do that off the top of my head that wouldn't be less cost effective (and less... aggravating?) than just buying a new Cube 30. And buying a Cube 30 to upgrade your Cube 15 is pretty pointless.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Ok

Why do you think you need higher wattage? Are you gigging with this amp? 15 watts is already very loud for bedroom playing.

My little 3-4watt amp can be heard outside of my house even with my windows closed.

Shouldn't be so hard on the guy though, other posters.
provided those things have power amp chips, all you have to do is use a more powerful chip.

buuut...the support components will most likely differ alot, so you'd still have to build a new power amp. honestly it's not that big a job for someone a bit experienced. the power amps in a SS amp are made up of only a handful of components.

in short, it's entirely possible and maybe even practical to do this (if you have experience). but if you are a noob with electronics or are not going to use it for gigging, you dont need 30W and thus shouldnt try this.
So 15W is enough for Bedroom playing. but if the time comes comes that i want to be on a talent show in school then it would under perform?

Quote by james4
I'm definitely all for micing amps instead of just playing loud

I'm just going on the assumption that every highschool sound system sucks

The PA at my high school is amazing. They have a course that teaches how to do live sound.
I'm in it.
But, I do hear lots of bad info. The teacher was flicking the phantom power switch on and off for no reason. He said it gives extra powers to the mics
I quickly intervened.

TS, listen to Jim. He's smart. And geniusest.
..I was watching my death.