Hi guys,

My band UnderDrone are an Alt./Metal band from London and just made our first video for our song One Percent and would love your feedback!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMtHolI6qDc

Enjoy!
ESP: EC-401

Hughes & Kettner: Tubemeister 18 Head
Harley Benton: G212 Vintage Cabinet

Dunlop: ZW-45 Zakk Wylde CryBaby Wah
Boss: TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss: Mt-2 Metal Zone
Electro Harmonix: Memory Toy Delay
Boss: NS-2 Noise Supressor
thanks for showing the great intelligence you have with that in-depth piece of feedback! such rude, single minded people these days

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That was pretty funny.

Alright, I'll try my best to offer some constructive criticism.
1- Writing exercises. They work. Whichever one of you is the lyricist, bring a note pad with you wherever you go. Think of interesting subjects and events to write about. Think of better rhymes than "same" and "blame".
2- Whomever it is you pay to help you think of concepts for videos, fire him/her immediately. This looks like projects that classmates of mine did when we were in high school. The acting is depressingly wooden. The scenario is adolescent.

The music itself (the instrumental part, at least) isn't bad, though the vocals don't seem to fit the style at all.
Hope that helps.
I'll start with the music:

Overall, it's nothing special. To me, sounds exactly like every other alt-rock/radio rock band out there. Doesn't mean it's "bad", it just means it sounds like a regurgitation of everything else is out there. Production-wise, it didn't sound bad. Intro riff is pretty cool IMO, however I'm not a fan of the lead that kicks in under it. Vocals and lyrics are mediocre, as well as the guitar solo. The song isn't terrible, but it's no gem either. Pretty predictable, generic radio rock.

As for the video, well, it's just....bad. Didn't really catch my attention much at all. IMO, the "story" is pretty lame. Seems like something the Jonas Brothers would create for 12 year old Disney watching kids. Song is mediocre, video is just lame.

...however, on a side note, I would desecrate the buhgina of every girl in that video unmercilessly. I was hoping for partial/full nudity.

That's my take on it. Sorry if it's not what you wanted to hear, just giving honest feedback.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated. We're still just learning the ropes so it's cool to get some honest feedback.

As for the two girls, your not alone with that opinion lol

I'm pretty much with the 2 posters before me. It's pretty generic, but if that's your thing and you like it, no reason to change that!

The video was kinda poorly acted and could've done with something more special. Especially when you guys were playing at your rehearsal place, I'd liked to see more moshing / crazy stuff or something to make it look faster.

The song itself is well done, it sounds like a real song and I can't see many problems with it. The lyrics could be a bit more aggressive, but that's just my opinion.

The song is not bad, but the video needs some work.
Quote by Ravenius91
I'm pretty much with the 2 posters before me. It's pretty generic, but if that's your thing and you like it, no reason to change that!

I can't help but disagree with that. I work at a radio station (here now actually) that is "Active-Rock" based, which is what the band is.
"Change" might be too drastic of a word, but your music should be able to stick out. Many times when a band comes on, if I wasn't looking at the computer screen in front of me, I'd never know who it was because a good heap of "active rock" sounds the same.
There are some bands in the genre though that I actually like. Here's one of em:
http://www.myspace.com/bobaflex
Bobaflex is really big around here.They're nothing mind blowing, but IMO, they much more interesting and enjoyable than 90% of active rock because they seem to have added their own touch to the formula of the genre.

I'd definitely work really hard, being in the genre you are, to add your own unique touches to a pretty watered down genre.

If you'd like me to crit your other tunes, let me know. I could give you some production pointers and such.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Sjones, to be honest I was thinking if I should say that the way I did.

I agree with you in that, if I heard a generic song from the radio, it would go in from the other ear and out from the other. I meant more like the genre being fine, the type of music they are making. It's always a plus in my book to sound original, but if the band is aimed at the masses instead of other musicians (well, take a look at the most songs played on the radio... they're mostly the same) originality is not such a big factor.

I might have confused a bit with my comment, I'm sorry about that. Even if the type of music was generic, it's a good idea to have something that makes you stick out.