btw this is no racist at all i was just asking myself if there is any, i dont see many non white guys that like shredding and sweeping and u know, maybe its just where i live
Look up Animals as Leaders.

Tosin Abasi, and he plays an RGA2228 no less.

Also, I believe Veil Of Maya's guitarist is african american, or at least mixed.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
pretty sure Tosin Abasi shrewds like a mutha.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Rocky George, he was in Suicidal Tendencies for quite a while and is easily one of the best shredders ever. Check out the intro and Solo to "You Can't Bring Me Down" pure awesome.
unfortunately the same bone that makes it so that they cant swim is also in their hands making it easier to play bass but shredding more difficult exept in a few exeptions
Quote by Destinyrider22
Vernon Reid( the guy from Living Color) can shred the hell out of a guitar and he's black

this
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
No matter what you like, you will like Meshuggah.

FREE GUITAR STRINGS!
Quote by supersac
unfortunately the same bone that makes it so that they cant swim is also in their hands making it easier to play bass but shredding more difficult exept in a few exeptions

Um.. what?
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
My town (Miami, FL) has a horrible music scene, but two of the guitarists from bands that my bassist-friend has played with, one an experimental rock band, and the other a decent progressive metal band, both are more talented than I could hope to be, and both are black.
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Quote by supersac
sorry i get alil rascist when im drunk

So what you're saying is that you got drunk then came on UG forums? Okay...
Lenny Kravitz can in fact shred. I've seen it.

William DuVall From Alice In Chains. Definitely can as well.
POOPY-TRIM!
Quote by MegadethFan18

sadly the other way round
also is prince black he got some skillz
Quote by supersac
sadly the other way round
also is prince black he got some skillz

Pre ass-cheek pants or after?

I kid.

He's pretty damn good.
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Does Tobin Abasi’s style really even count as shred, or is he on the edge of some crazy jazz/metal hybrid that doesn’t even have a name?

Anyway, Prince. He doesn’t shred much, but when he does he can play circles around most funk, rock, jazz, r&b, and pop guitarists. And then he can sit down for a solo acoustic blues set. And he can do this on more instruments than most people could even name. Prince can shred on a damned flute if he really wants to.
Quote by MegadethFan18

Are you admitting that youve never been in the Pit after midnight??????
Quote by Destinyrider22
Are you admitting that youve never been in the Pit after midnight??????

I've UG'd drunk myself (after coming back home). It's just that that guy's profile says he is from Cali and it's like 5:30 PM there so it seems way to early for him to be both on UG and drunk.

Also to answer your question, not really.
Jimi Hendrix. Not exactly shredding, but the mother ****er could wail. I'm surprised no one mentioned him. Also, +1 to the vernon reid dude
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by MegadethFan18
I've UG'd drunk myself (after coming back home). It's just that that guy's profile says he is from Cali and it's like 5:30 PM there so it seems way to early for him to be both on UG and drunk.

Also to answer your question, not really.

hey i had a hard day!
Jimi hendrix.
Chuck berry, you'd think he would be a white guy but apparently he's black, or to be politically correct, African American.
Quote by malmsteensolo
Jimi hendrix.
Chuck berry, you'd think he would be a white guy but apparently he's black, or to be politically correct, African American.

I love Chuck Berry.

I dunno what pissed off old white people in the 50s more, rock and roll, or a black guy playing it.
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Quote by malmsteensolo

Chuck berry, .

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by malmsteensolo
Jimi hendrix.

+lotsofwhydidn’tithinkofthat
Mother****in' Tosin Abasi, man. That guy can out-class Alex Lifeson, and outplay more people than you can count. He's the definition of BAMF.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)