im wanting to get a line 6 amplifier for gigging theres a nomal 150watt amp and a valve 150 watt...whats the difference? :/
Gibson Flying V (1984 Reissue)
Jackson Kelly JS32T
B.C.Rich Warlock "Bronze Series"
Dean "79 series Z"
Marshall MG15X 20 watt
Digitech Death Metal Effects Pedal

Going over the top like a M1A1 tank with a sunroof xD
The Spider Valve has a tube power section designed in conjunction with Reinhold Bogner. the regular spider Is an oversized practice amp thatn has been used for illegal abortions of tone since their inception.

You can get much better amps for the money.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 25, 2010,
Quote by Jhachey22
The Spider Valve has a tube power section designed in conjunction with Reinhold Bogner. the regular spider has been used for illegal abortions of tone since their inception.

Sailor Jerry has made me a bit buzzed, bit this made me fall off my chair laughing.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
One has a tube poweramp, the other is all solid state. However, both sound bad. Don't get either one.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by barden1069
One has a tube poweramp, the other is all solid state. However, both sound bad. Don't get either one.

The spider valve isn't half bad, TBH. It's a totally different animal than the regular spider. especially if you get the Strymon spider preamp mod. unfortunately, they've discontinued the mod until they come out with their new one.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by barden1069

what amplifier do u recoment for metal round about £400 ($500-$550?) that sounds good for live gig?
Gibson Flying V (1984 Reissue)
Jackson Kelly JS32T
B.C.Rich Warlock "Bronze Series"
Dean "79 series Z"
Marshall MG15X 20 watt
Digitech Death Metal Effects Pedal

Going over the top like a M1A1 tank with a sunroof xD
Quote by xXshadowswordXx
what amplifier do u recoment for metal round about £400 ($500-$550?) that sounds good for live gig?

Spend an extra $40 and you can get a Peavey 6505+ 112.

Loud enough for gigs with that sweeet 6505 metal tone.

That or a Bugera 6262 212 Combo.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Quote by Jhachey22
The spider valve isn't half bad, TBH. It's a totally different animal than the regular spider. especially if you get the Strymon spider preamp mod. unfortunately, they've discontinued the mod until they come out with their new one.

I've never owned one, but I have played a few on occasion and wasn't impressed, but I could be wrong (there's actually a pretty good chance of that )
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"