Hey pit,
I don't usually hang out here but... I'm on facebook and here's this chick's status, I know her but she's not my friend.

Havee Youu Eveer Feltt Likee Somee One Ripped Youur Heartt Ouhtt Yourr Chestt Steppedd On Iht andd Jumpedd Righht On Iht? Well Dhaats Hauu I Feel Righhh' Nauu , Dhizz Distancee Has Mee Dying Insidee !! Dhiz Ihz Whaat Happens Wen you Makee Ah STUPID Decision !! </3 :'( Missing Everybody Backk Homee , Mainly Hiim :'( Kantt Takee Dhaa Pain noo Moreee!!!

So the other day i commented on it and said "You know the internet has a spellchecker right?", and she says "yeaa???"

Does anyone else not see a point in misspelling all your words on facebook to try to look ghetto or something?
I think you're a bully and a racist.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
You know the internet has a spellchecker right?
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
To be honest I never understand why people type like that, surely it takes more effort.
It's the internet dude, who cares? Loads of people type short-hand or use l33t-speak, and young girls are notorious for typing like..that.

It's self-expression, if anything you're the "nazi" for having a problem with this.
TS Yoouu Arr Zoo Meeen!! Mindh Yur Oun Buuziness!!
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by guitarsftw
Yeeeaaaaa, thiiissss threddddd suksssssss

hhhaarrrrdddkkkoorrree.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Quote by salgala2000
Hey pit,
I don't usually hang out here, but I was on facebook and this chick posted the passage below. I know her, but she's not my friend.

Havee Youu Eveer Feltt Likee Somee One Ripped Youur Heartt Ouhtt Yourr Chestt Steppedd On Iht andd Jumpedd Righht On Iht? Well Dhaats Hauu I Feel Righhh' Nauu , Dhizz Distancee Has Mee Dying Insidee !! Dhiz Ihz Whaat Happens Wen you Makee Ah STUPID Decision !! </3 :'( Missing Everybody Backk Homee , Mainly Hiim :'( Kantt Takee Dhaa Pain noo Moreee!!!

I commented, "Did you know the internet has a spell checker?".
She said "yeaa???"

Does anyone else not see understand why people consistently misspell words on Facebook? Are they trying to look like they live in and/or are from the ghetto?

Fixed the grammatical errors that I saw. There's a good chance someone already did that, but if no one has can I have a prize?
Quote by SilverSpurs616
It's the internet dude, who cares? Loads of people type short-hand or use l33t-speak, and young girls are notorious for typing like..that.

It's self-expression, if anything you're the "nazi" for having a problem with this.

If anything the term 'Nazi' has been grossly misused by the internet and it's denizens.
Last edited by cornmancer at Sep 25, 2010,
Quote by SilverSpurs616

Typing shorthand would be making less effort. Like josh said, typing like this would take a lot more effort/time (I imagine). Can she expect people to read through it when she types it like that though? And if she doesn't, why even post it in the first place?

EDIT: and to Silverspurs's sig, I'm reading a Kurt Vonnegut book for school right now. He's a great writer. I know it doesn't have anything to do with him but i thought I'd post in anyways
Last edited by salgala2000 at Sep 25, 2010,
People who type like that usually can express themselves better. They can convey the emotion along with the lifeless text. Its actually a really refreshing way of saying things on facebook and the internet in general.
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
all the cool kids are doing it
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by salgala2000
How come? I'm puerto rican just like this chick. And how would that be bullying?

Just because you're the same race as someone, doesn't mean you can't be racist. It's just, ironic, hypocritical and just plain weird. But possible.

And yes. That sort of typing annoys the life out of me.
Quote by salgala2000
Typing shorthand would be making less effort. Like josh said, typing like this would take a lot more effort/time (I imagine). Can she expect people to read through it when she types it like that though? And if she doesn't, why even post it in the first place?

My point was that short-hand is often not grammatically correct, yet people use it on the internet and in mobile phone messages all the time. It's not an uncommon thing and there's no sense in being upset about it. You're right in that the way she types takes more effort, probably more effort even than typing normally.
Quote by Vinnie5
People who type like that usually can express themselves better. They can convey the emotion along with the lifeless text. Its actually a really refreshing way of saying things on facebook and the internet in general.

I guess i never thought of it that way. I was thinking in terms of how annoying it is to read, but I definitely see your point.
Quote by leg end
Just because you're the same race as someone, doesn't mean you can't be racist. It's just, ironic, hypocritical and just plain weird. But possible.

And yes. That sort of typing annoys the life out of me.

That's true. I'm not racist though.

Why should I care?

Why should you post if you don't care?
Quote by Vinnie5

they see me trollin....

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by salgala2000
That's true. I'm not racist though.

Why should you post if you don't care?

On UG, if someone calls you racist, it's probably their way of letting you know they are out of custard.