Srv.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by slash4114
Srv.

This. Short for Steve Ray Vaughan incase you don't know in fact, Vaughan was influenced heavily by Hendrix
Quote by SilverSpurs616
This. Short for Steve Ray Vaughan incase you don't know in fact, Vaughan was influenced heavily by Hendrix

yeah i know it's stevie ray vaughan , but thanks for clarifying =D. Or come to think of it, it could also be Suzy's Raging V****a...I hear it's pretty good at guitar.
Ron Asheton from the Stooges
Joey Santiago from Pixies (more on their early albums)
Andy Kerr from Nomeansno
Greg Ginn from Black Flag
J. Mascis from Dinosaur Jr
Isaac Brock from Modest Mouse (on some songs at least)

EDIT: Also Steve Albini from Big Black, Rapeman, and Shellac.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Albert King. Straight up raw blues emotion.
Gotta finish my work, then play some grooves, so I can turn my room into a house of blues...
Jack White, in all his various musical projects. Also Johnny Greenwood from Radiohead. Hes not so bluesy but still very raw.
Gear
Hamer Standard XT
1963 Burns Split Sonic
Boss DD-7 (w/ Tap switch)
BAJA Real Tube Overdrive
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss TU-2
Vox AD50VTXL
Quote by Lots O' FX
Ron Asheton from the Stooges
Joey Santiago from Pixies (more on their early albums)
Andy Kerr from Nomeansno
Greg Ginn from Black Flag
J. Mascis from Dinosaur Jr
Isaac Brock from Modest Mouse (on some songs at least)

EDIT: Also Steve Albini from Big Black, Rapeman, and Shellac.

joey santiago is a good example, listen to doolittle and surfer rosa
Quote by WalrusNutFart
who are some guitarists who have a very raw style like Jimmy Page, Terry Kath and Jimi Hendrix?

Quote by jkielq91
dave mustaine

How to you even get dave mustaine to be near the style of hendrix and page?
Mustaine is different than most "lead" guitarists in metal, his style is very raw in the context its used. He's no blues legend, but his style is deffinately raw
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Metalfan4. Yeah he´s an amazing guitarist . I would even go as far as saying hes my favorite guitar player , and his riffing / soloing is raw. Its just i thought it was odd to compare him to hendrix and page. But he got awsome skills.
Quote by Sickz
Metalfan4. Yeah he´s an amazing guitarist . I would even go as far as saying hes my favorite guitar player , and his riffing / soloing is raw. Its just i thought it was odd to compare him to hendrix and page. But he got awsome skills.

Like I said, he's no blues player, but he's raw in the context of metal
Quote by reeses

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Jack White, definitely. Who's the guy in the Black Keys? Can't remember his name but he's pretty awesome that way. Also Mike Jensen and Landon Ginnings from Showbread's last lineup were pretty raw together. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZkk5ib2ZYQ
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Billy Gibbons.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Jack White, definitely. Who's the guy in the Black Keys? Can't remember his name but he's pretty awesome that way.

This. And the guy from the black keys is dan auerbach, which i'm going to see tonight
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

Allen Collins/ rickey medlocke/ steve gaines/gary rossington/ ed king.etc..from Lynyrd Skynyrd
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,
Quote by bingeandletgo
John Frusciante
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1haGiFiSX4

Solo at 3:02. You won't regret it

Yeah...look up "raw guitar" on wikipedia and you get that very same video.

I gotta agree with some of the others in this thread too - Dave Mustaine is raw. I've seen him live and thought his style was a good contrast to Marty Friedman's very precise (awesomely good) performance.
What about Alexi Laiho? If were going to bring metal players into this, or Wylde, Chuck Schuldiner, Mark Morton, Brent Hinds, etc.
Quote by reeses

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
"Robin Finck of Guns N' Roses and Nine Inch Nails is possibly the roughest player ever, love his style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqmYDnObRck"

compared to the other solo on this page so far

"John Frusciante
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1haGiFiSX4

Solo at 3:02. You won't regret it "

IMO that John Frusciante solo blows that Finck solo away. Like those two solos arent even close, the raw emotion in Frusciantes is leaps and bounds above Finck who sounds like hes just finding cool sounds... as if he isn't going anywhere with it, just stumbling on the guitar.
I've got to agree with Gibbons, he does alot of hybrid too which is damn fine trait to acquire, especially with triads.
*shrugs* I don't know...
me... honestly.

Keith Richards, Jack White, Marc Ford, Luther Dickinson, Hendrix, Page, Slash, Rich Robinson... The two guitarists from Mudhoney. I forget their names though.