These kinds of things. Example would be in the Ride The Lightning solo harmony part, or towards the end of the Fade to Black solo.

So is there a special name for these kinds of parts in solos or are they just normal pull offs and just called pull offs?
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325
It's just short, quickly repeated licks. No technical term for them, but very commonly used in solos. Especially my boy KH
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
Minor triads?
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

this is an arpeggio
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Sonny_sam
Minor triads?

+1 kind of,

its a repeating minor arpeggio, that particular one you posted is an A minor arpeggio
Quote by Zeppelin Addict
+1 kind of,

its a repeating minor arpeggio, that particular one you posted is an A minor arpeggio

this is why i wish i payed attention in music theory class.
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
No matter what you like, you will like Meshuggah.

Yah, its pretty common in kirk's playin. I like using two or three at a time! I never took a leeson or had a teacher but did use youtube. Check out Kristopher Dahl's Kirk Hammet Lesson on Youtube, he's a wack job but he started me playin lead! Near the end there's a whole section on these kid of arpeggios.
Been Dazed and Confused...