Hello,

This is probably a question only new players would ask but anyways..
I got my guitar today, I was all happy.
It was a yamaha pacifica 112v and it had a pacifica sticker on the pickguard.
So I tried to get it off but it was kinda a hassle. After it finally came off I tried to get rid of the glue residue with my fingers.

But then I noticed something, some kind of plastic came loose from my pickguard.
So now there's like a hole in the plastic.

Should I peel everything off? Is this supposed to happen?
I kinda freaked out when I saw that :/

All tips will be appreciated.
That plastic is just a protective coating put on at the factory. Almost all new guitars with pickguards have it. It will not hurt anything if you peel it off, as it is there to keep it from being scratched up in transit, and in store.

Some Music stores remove the plastic when they receive the guitars as part of the initial setup. Others leave it on.
POOPY-TRIM!
Yea you can peel it off if you want. If I know what your talking about, it's like the plastic that comes on new cell phones or ipod screens to protect them when packaging and such.
Quote by butterfingers30
Yea you can peel it off if you want. If I know what your talking about, it's like the plastic that comes on new cell phones or ipod screens to protect them when packaging and such.

Yes, that is exactly what it is.
POOPY-TRIM!
Thanks a bunch =). Normally on cell phones you can easily see that it has a screen protector.
But I didn't notice that the pickguard had plastic on it, so I thought I damaged it.

Anyways, everything is good ^^