im a guitar player but i also love singing but im not exactly good at it but im not horrible what are some tips to singing good?Such as things like pitch, higher notes, holding notes, ect.
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
Epiphone Slash Signature Les Paul
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
TC Electronics Ditto Looper
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Electro-Harmonix Freeze Sound Retainer
Practice.

/thread.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
I would say practice singing to a wide range of different artists you like. You can sing along with the recordings, or find karaoke versions or even do your own version to practice it.

For more theory related things, practice scales by trying to sing in harmony with an instrument, that'll help you get a more refined sense of pitch hopefully.

Other than that just keep singing whenever you get the chance and as time goes on you're sure to get better and better. And always keep experimenting, just don't do anything stupid that'd damage your voice.
Think like you're singing out of your forehead.

Seriously. My voice teacher told me this and it changed my singing forever.

Also, when singing higher, think like you're coming down on the note from above rather than reaching up for it. Most of singing is in the mindset.

Oh, and breathe right. Sing while standing up. Push your lungs out so your ribcage doesn't get in the way. Breathe from your diaphragm - that's the area around your stomach if you don't already know - rather than from your lungs. BE SURE TO INHALE BEFORE SINGING A LINE (I know it sounds obvious but it's easier to mess up than it should be). Just some pointers I can think of.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Last edited by sonic_777111 at Sep 25, 2010,
well how exactly do you sing from your diaphram? ive heard this before but im not exactly sure i understand it andive been singing to recordings of artist i like for a while now so i guess thats good
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
when you breath from your chest, your ribs go out as your lungs inflate, but when you breath from your diaphragm your belly distends more. Think of it as using the muscles around your abdomen to fill your lungs. once you know what you are looking for, you can easily tell the difference between breathing from your chest and your diaphragm, and it should really help the quality of your breathing.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
oh now i understand what your saying more i never knew that could really help singing so thanks any other tips guys?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
My teacher said to sing like the note's coming out of your nose, like the forehead thing above. Also, make sure you're standing up straight and that you keep your mouth from opening like you're smiling. If you make more of an 'O' shape you apparently get access to more resonating space inside your skull or something akin to that. Either way, it works. Do that.
Sorry if I repeated anything that was said earlier.