What kind should I look into? It'll primarily be for the home studio. I'm selling my Schecter C-1 Hellraiser this week because I want mabe a slightly thinner neck, and no coil tapped emgs. Make me reccommendations new/used? I can travel between Louisville, and Indianapolis craigslist wise, and guitar center.
sounds like you need a jackson, whatever with fixed bridge

Edit: you have an esp and ibanez jem.. why another metal guitar
Last edited by halfj06 at Sep 25, 2010,
Ibanez gets my recommendation
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
----▓▓▓----▓▓▓
--▒▒▒--------▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒--------▒▒▒▒
You have an EC-1000 and a JEM...

Why don't you save up more money and buy like an ESP Standard or something along the lines of that?
Why not get a Tele or something different from your other metal guitars?
well the ec-1000 has the JB/'59 so is more of my go to guitar for a classic sound and cleans. and the JEM needs to be set up, and i need a metal guitar for drop tunings. I like the 401's. I had one for a day that was accidently shipped to me, so i may try and snatch one up.
and to the dude with the links, thanks for showing me that the 401's dropped a little in price, but im already selling a schecter. dont need another lol.
Any specific tuning or scale length that you'll be using/wanting?

If you're selling your Hellraiser and then buying a guitar that is 4-500 then you're kind of losing your money since the Hellraiser is a $750 guitar and replacing it with a lower end guitar (unless you go used maybe?). I'd consider looking into the used market for trades?

EDIT: Maybe try trading for an LTD 1000 (or 400) series guitar with a 25.5 scale length if you want drop tunings such as MH-NT or H models.
Last edited by AkiraSpectrum at Sep 25, 2010,
Thanks, but i despise the V's now. Im kindly short, and it was such a drag for me, lol.
and yeah i think imma get a mh-401. i like em alot better.
and ill be primarily in drop C and drop B
Dude, get real. Put some 11's on that EC-1000 for Drop C and play away.

The JB is one of my favorite pickups. Sounds great for heavy stuff!!
Quote by King_Of_Swing
Thanks, but i despise the V's now. Im kindly short, and it was such a drag for me, lol.
and yeah i think imma get a mh-401. i like em alot better.
and ill be primarily in drop C and drop B

cool but its probably best to get a guitar with no trem so make sure you grab an MH-NT.
also just fyi if you're getting the mh401nt then you might want to grab it soon because its no longer in production and you'd have to settle with a 300 level series for this current year. i believe some online stores still have the mh401nt though still in stock... i recommend trying to find someone who may be willing to trade their 1000 level guitar for your hellraiser because they are more 'equal' in value and with the 401 you're losing some features such as locking tuners (not a big deal but just something to think about).
bro with the guitars you already have, you should be widening your horizon
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
Quote by Invert-blu
bro with the guitars you already have, you should be widening your horizon

with...?
My Ibanez RGA42FM is an awesome guitar for metal I thoroughly recommend giving it a try. It has actives however...

Wizard II neck, arched-maple top, 24 frets, active ceramic pups... good guitar for 500 dollars. It's kind of a no frills metal gutiar in a lot of ways... no crazy inlays/coil tapping, there's not even a tone control, just an EQ switch
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Ibanez RGR321EX. Fixed bridge, wizard II neck, 24 frets...Pickups aren't that great but you could get it for around $300 and you still have money left over for a quality set of pickups
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.