Yay, another long TS post.

I need an amp.
I've made a lot of threads like this, but I'm getting closer and closer to a decision every time! :P

I play in my bedroom, loud ONLY when nobody is home.
People don't seem to extract this from the above line, but I do not gig.
I play high gain metal. Think Lamb of God, As I Lay Dying, Parkway Drive, etc etc..
I live in the USA, and I'll only go used if it's THAT worth it.
Budget of $600. Ish.

I've looked at a lot of different setups. I was looking at a 6505+ 112 and I've concluded that I want a looper and some delay. This means I'd have to spend like ~$200 more getting two pedals. And I'd have to get some sort of interface to record with it, which would add more to the price. Along with that, I don't think it's very useful to get a tube amp which will rarely be cranked.

Then I was looking at a modeling amp with the footswitch because that's the only way I can get a looper + delay without breaking the budget. Spiders and Vypyrs sound pretty much the same to me, so I don't really care.

Then I was looking at a Line 6 POD through my computer + studio monitors, because that nails recording. But I couldn't find decent studio monitors that didn't exceed my budget. And I don't know if this will sound good. Also, I'd have to record a track to use as a loop, because there's no built in one. I wouldn't really mind that, though.

Then I looked at buying a Valveking 112 and a looper, but I couldn't find enough information on whether or not that could get my tone. That setup wouldn't have the capability of recording without micing is up, or delay, though.

I don't know any other amp setups in my range, so could any of you suggest:
A. Which from this post would be the best for me (not just tone wise, the 6505 obviously wins on that)
or B. A different setup that can get me high gain.

Thanks.
Last edited by Aturaya at Sep 25, 2010,
I guess the Vypyr would be best for you...you should really consider going used though. You could get a good tube amp and the effects you want if you do.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by drewfromutah
Not willing to go used seriously destroys your options.

I know, but GC has that 30 day return policy if I don't like the product, and used stuff doesn't give me that. I could get a dud as well, and be stuck.
i'd say the line 6 spider valve combo or stack but since you're not willing to go used...good luck and god speed whereever you do end up.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
If you buy through eBay or something, and the product is broken, you can get your money back through Paypal.

Your best option ANYWAY is to just get the 6505 and save up for the effects you want. No need to sacrifice tone because you are too impatient to wait for effects.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by SLonergan
If you buy through eBay or something, and the product is broken, you can get your money back through Paypal.

Your best option ANYWAY is to just get the 6505 and save up for the effects you want. No need to sacrifice tone because you are too impatient to wait for effects.

It's not a matter of impatience, I'd wait. My parents have decided to spoil me after seeing that I play guitar for HOURS every day. It's a matter of a LIMIT. There's no saving up.

And I'll take that into consideration with the eBay thing.
Quote by Aturaya
It's not a matter of impatience, I'd wait. My parents have decided to spoil me after seeing that I play guitar for HOURS every day. It's a matter of a LIMIT. There's no saving up.

And I'll take that into consideration with the eBay thing.

Oh, your parents budget for you is $600?

That's all well and good, but are you telling me that after you spend that $600 you will literally never have money again?
Quote by rmr024

Quote by Aturaya
I know, but GC has that 30 day return policy if I don't like the product, and used stuff doesn't give me that. I could get a dud as well, and be stuck.

What, you can't try the amp out at the person's house before buying it?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by SLonergan

That's all well and good, but are you telling me that after you spend that $600 you will literally never have money again?

Have you ever got a gift before? It's not like you go all "ohhh yeah well... I think you could save a bit more and get me something better... I'll wait"
line 6 spider valve. seriously. it's real cool.

man you know what since it's your parents money...

just convince them that for a little bit more then can make you totally happy and give you everything you'd need and you'd practice forever and ever and ever.

It always worked with my parents.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-Valve-112-MkII-40W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-105482897-i1475493.gc

That will do everything you need it to do and sound great. Then later you can save up for hte floorboard and download even more effects and amp models and stuff. It's realy cool and it's tube.
Quote by AcousticMirror

just convince them that for a little bit more then can make you totally happy and give you everything you'd need and you'd practice forever and ever and ever.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-Valve-112-MkII-40W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-105482897-i1475493.gc

That will do everything you need it to do and sound great. Then later you can save up for hte floorboard and download even more effects and amp models and stuff. It's realy cool and it's tube.

We need a sarcasm font on this forum.
Quote by rmr024

Quote by SLonergan

Let's just conclude that I'm impatient, then. It's not my money, it doesn't belong to me. I'd have to wait a pretty long time.
Quote by MG_Sora
Have you ever got a gift before? It's not like you go all "ohhh yeah well... I think you could save a bit more and get me something better... I'll wait"

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

Get the 6505 NOW, and then save up for the pedals LATER. That's the smartest thing to do.
Quote by rmr024

Quote by AcousticMirror

K.
Quote by drewfromutah
Not willing to go used seriously destroys your options.

+1

Take a look at all my gear, TS. ALL FOUND AT A PAWN SHOP!

I love my Pawn Shop's!!!
Quote by charles_ebarb
+1

Take a look at all my gear, TS. ALL FOUND AT A PAWN SHOP!

I love my Pawn Shop's!!!

I thought "not really" would register as only if it's that worth it. I'll edit that, I guess.

And it seems like it's that worth it.
Quote by SLonergan
We need a sarcasm font on this forum.

wut i'm being serious.
Quote by AcousticMirror

So THAT'S how you have more amps than any Guitar Center in the United States!
used bro. it will be worth it. SERIOUSLY worth it.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Get a job, then buy your own gear
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by Aturaya

GC doesn't have a return policy on used gear? If your on the east Coast try Daddy's Junky Music. They have a good no hassle return policy on used gear.
There are lots of multifx that have loopers in them at a reasonable price. Unfortunately the Pod isn't one of them. But they are cheap enough to afford buying a nice tube amp to go with, or powered monitors.

You can also use a home stereo with a multifx with good results as long as you get some decent speakers. And people are always selling those on CL cheap.
what about the mustang 1 or 2?

interface check
volume check
gain (not so sure about) enough money to buy pedals (you might not even need them iwht it) check
You could mow lawns, wash cars, rake leaves, pull weeds, shovel snow...etc. You'd be surprised at how much money a MOTIVATED person can make doing these things!

I'd say go for the 6505, just because you probably will be gigging. A good amp makes a big difference.
Jackson DXMG
Charvel
B-52 AT100
Marshall 1960A
Pedals and stuff
I'd actually recommend the Vypyr Tube. IMO they excel at high gain stuff.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
lolZ.

TS. Listen to those of us saying get the 6505, and wait till later to pick up some quality recording gear/delay/etc. Somehow I'd doubt you'll never have any money again after this, and if you're willing to wait a few extra months to a year (Im sure you can maybe get a pedal or two for X-mas, your b-day, whatever) you won't regret it. Would also help to just go around the neighborhood asking to mow lawns, wash cars, etc. for cheap.

AM, please don't get yourself banned again.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Anyone suggesting something other than some sort of computer audio interface/program is giving you poor advice.

I have a Toneport UX2 and it'd be perfect for you. You can always run a looper into it if you really want to.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by CL/\SH
lolZ.

TS. Listen to those of us saying get the 6505, and wait till later to pick up some quality recording gear/delay/etc. Somehow I'd doubt you'll never have any money again after this, and if you're willing to wait a few extra months to a year (Im sure you can maybe get a pedal or two for X-mas, your b-day, whatever) you won't regret it. Would also help to just go around the neighborhood asking to mow lawns, wash cars, etc. for cheap.

AM, please don't get yourself banned again.

: (

I like the spidervalve .
I bought a used Spider valve tube head for my Marshall 4x12 cab. It's the best head you'll ever get. Especially if your a metalhead playing high gain shit.

Line 6 is the best.
Bugera 6262 or 333XL. Perfect bedroom rocker amps.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Aturaya

Used gear generally keeps its value better than new. If you dont like it, you could pretty easily sell it for what you paid.
if you want the 6505, get the 6505. if you get something else, if you are anything like me, you will NOT be happy.

i too have a hard time believing you will never get money. i am sure you will probably get some money for christmas, and buy a delay and the looper, if you parents wouldn't buy it for you.

i would rather have the amp i want, than an amp i don't want and two pedals i could have if i would have waited two months (christmas).

let me just say that again.

it is NOT worth it to compramise just because you are impatient.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/