I am trying to find a good bridge pickup (humbucker) for shred that really has a nice punch but doesn't sound like utter crap when playing higher up on the neck and can bring clarity for chords under decent amounts of distortion

Also, a nice middle pickup for nice chimey, warm sounding cleans but has to have a good responce for two hand tapping where I play bass and the melody at the same time.

But.........................................

I need them to be avaliable in pink or gold which I can't seem to find any that are offered in any of those colors. Although it's alright if the pick-up you recommend isn't avaliable in those colors.

Any help is appreciated,
Kyle
Last edited by Kyleisthename at Sep 25, 2010,
pink...
or gold...

covered or uncovered...
you know you can take the covers off right.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Have you contacted SD to see if they can just make you a JB in those colors?
well ok. Pink might be an issue...but gold is more of a metallic color. would yellow work?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by jpnyc
Have you contacted SD to see if they can just make you a JB in those colors?

They come in gold but would that pick-up be suited to my specifications?

Quote by AcousticMirror
well ok. Pink might be an issue...but gold is more of a metallic color. would yellow work?

Yellow really wouldn't work because the hardware on the guitar is gold.
Pink, gold bobbins? Does not compute?

I can recommend you pickups where you wont care what the color is cause they will sound so good, bridge, Barenuckle Painkiller, punchy as hell, clear as daylight with full chords under heavy distortion, and Barenuckle Trilogy Suite single coil for the middle, clear, amazing cleans, tight bass response, twangy under distortion like all single coils are, very sensitive being 12 k output.

Or a DiMarzio Tone Zone for the bridge and a DiMarzio Area 67 for the middle, same sound, much less output.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Pink, gold bobbins? Does not compute?

I can recommend you pickups where you wont care what the color is cause they will sound so good, bridge, Barenuckle Painkiller, punchy as hell, clear as daylight with full chords under heavy distortion, and Barenuckle Trilogy Suite single coil for the middle, clear, amazing cleans, tight bass response, twangy under distortion like all single coils are, very sensitive being 12 k output.

Or a DiMarzio Tone Zone for the bridge and a DiMarzio Area 67 for the middle, same sound, much less output.

I've heard a lot about barenuckle but aren't they located in the uk and shipping would be expensive right?
I'll give them both a look.

Also, Isn't there a website that makes bobbin covers?
Last edited by Kyleisthename at Sep 25, 2010,
Quote by Kyleisthename
They come in gold but would that pick-up be suited to my specifications?

The JB is nice for clarity under heavy gain. Go try one out in a store—it’s the most popular humbucker ever made, so they aren’t hard to find. And you should totally call up SD and ask them to make you a custom pink pickup. How ****ing great will that story be to tell magazines if you end up famous?
Well, I'll definately try out the jb,

Has anyone has any experiance with the Dimarzio Evolutions?
Quote by Kyleisthename
I've heard a lot about barenuckle but aren't they located in the uk and shipping would be expensive right?
I'll give them both a look.

Also, Isn't there a website that makes bobbin covers?

American dealer of them, cheapest you'll find them for us yanks.

http://www.guitarasylum.com/product_pages/bare-knuckle/bare-knuckle-select.html

Yes, bobbins for single coils are available, but to replace bobbins in humbuckers you have to unwind them and basically take them completely apart.
I think $150 for a single pickup is a little too high but I did look at the tone zone and it's avaliable in pink and I'm pretty impressed by videos on youtube.

Also, I'm an idiot pretty much all Dimazio humbuckers are avaliable in pink
Quote by Kyleisthename
I think $150 for a single pickup is a little too high but I did look at the tone zone and it's avaliable in pink and I'm pretty impressed by videos on youtube.

Also, I'm an idiot pretty much all Dimazio humbuckers are avaliable in pink

Lol, yeah, the price is worth it for the tone and the lifetime guarantee.

I did not know that about DiMarzio....
stay away from Evolution bridge. excessively treble pickup, speaking from experience here.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Quote by necrophilic
stay away from Evolution bridge. excessively treble pickup, speaking from experience here.

So, It wouldn't be any good at all?
Do you have any experiance with the tone zone?
Last edited by Kyleisthename at Sep 26, 2010,
On eBay you can get Seymour Duncans in some crazy colors. Bright yellow (the color of the one in my guitar), blue, dark blue, pink, purple, etc. etc.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Quote by Kyleisthename
So, It wouldn't be any good at all?
Do you have any experiance with the tone zone?

i have not much experience with the tone zone. only played a with it once in a shop for a couple of minutes. didn't really like it as i found it too bass. perhaps i shouldn't be giving comments here.

for the middle position, you can also try dimarzio's hs-2 hum-cancelling strat pickup. dimarzio's got a return policy in the USA right?

and playing evolution bridge with volume pot maxed sounds rather nasty. i usually turn it down a notch, it still sounds like a very hot pickup.
you know, it isn't necessary to get a high power pickup. if you play through a great amp, using milder pickups can give you better clarity and note definition.

edit: if you must get an evolution, go for evo-2. it's supposedly an improved version of evolution.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Last edited by necrophilic at Sep 26, 2010,
Get what sounds best, not what is pink. ROFL WTF...

Then buy a bottle of pink nail polish. Gold too.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."