So i've been on the hunt for the perfect amp and the Ac30 has been in my mind for quite some time now... but i thought it would only be fair to see what you guru's think of the fender equivalent. I've heard great things about the deluxe reverb but i would love to hear the opinion's of all of you guys, I trust you! Thanks!
How important is clean sound? Do you use amp gain? What do you play?
If it's creative, true to your musical goal, and it sounds good, put it in the song.

1. Guitar, delay, verb, amp, and creativity.
2. Well-tuned acoustic piano and creativity.
3. A bottle of water.
Quote by gregs1020
if you trust us why is this your 4th thread on the topic?

Hahahaha i guess that's a good point... but in my defense this is my first one about the deluxe reverb. but you still win that argument.

But i play in a worship team, and no, most of the time i will never use the amps overdrive. I have a pedal board with a couple of OD pedals for that. But all in all the clean tones are very important to me, it's the main thing i'm looking for in an amp.
provide one example of the cleans you are speaking of.

SRV or Queen?

mayer or Zep?
I love mayer clean tones, but i'm also going for a hillsong(worship team) clean tone, which is very similar to a U2 sound. I use lots of delays in the lead parts that i play and the thick clean chimey tone is what I'm trying to go for.
the DR is definitely not "Fender's equivalent", it's 22 watts and 1 12" speaker, the AC30 is 30 watts 2 12" speakers.

Try. Them. Out. Spending hundreds of dollars on something based on what some guys on the internet told you isn't smart.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
It's not like i'm going to go out and buy whatever you say, i'm just hearing some other opinions. I've played the ac30 but i've never played the deluxe reverb. Just simply wondering what you're impressions were.
Ya how is the vox30 = to the deluxe? huh?

maybe you should check out the marshall eq. as well.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
i wouldb't buy an ac30 for its clean tone personally. completely clean i really had no love for it but once you start to push it a little and you get some grit in the clean the ac30 really starts to shine.

i haven't extensively played a deluxe reverb but if you like your cleans to be clean then i think it will do a slightly better job then the ac30.

take your pedalboard into a store and plug it into both amps and see which you like the best.
I meant It was fender's equivalent in price. they are the same price. I didn't mean to say that they sounded the same.
i don't think anyone can really help you. If you're stuck between the vox and the fender and seriously considering both because they are the same in price you have no idea how different they sound or what each is capable off.

no matter what you by you will be unsatisfied.
Let me try and clear this up. I'm not looking at the price as my main focus. I love the vox sound with the nice chimey, Brittish bell like clean tones. But i love the sound of a good fender american clean too. I'm a huge fan of the twin reverb, but i think that's just too much power for what i would use it for. And i've heard that the deluxe reverb is somewhat considered the smaller version of the twin, that's why i was asking if you guys thought that the DR could bring as much to the table as the twin reverb could, just in a smaller pakage.

Clearer? or am i just talking too much?
well you also said that you're on the hunt for the perfect amp...
so what does your perfect amp do. in your dreams.
Quote by AcousticMirror
well you also said that you're on the hunt for the perfect amp...
so what does your perfect amp do. in your dreams.

Perfect amp might have been too far, who can really find the perfect amp?

More like the best suited amp for my style with out paying thousands and thousands of dollars. But the amp i dream about has beautiful glassy, warm, thick cleans that you can really sink your teeth into and when i turn on my overdrive pedals it would give me tight and punchy chords that are very crisp and definitive.

Is that too much to ask?
nope. i had a '63 vibroverb RI, but they only made them for a few years, this is current through fender. 35 watts, all tube. it's "similar" to my old amp but better and worse in some ways imo. great amp.
I've never played on one of these before. but it's 35 watts? so it would have more headroom, that's kind of what i'm going for. How does the vibrolux compare to the deluxe reverb in terms of clean tones?
Quote by mayermusic1
Perfect amp might have been too far, who can really find the perfect amp?

More like the best suited amp for my style with out paying thousands and thousands of dollars. But the amp i dream about has beautiful glassy, warm, thick cleans that you can really sink your teeth into and when i turn on my overdrive pedals it would give me tight and punchy chords that are very crisp and definitive.

Is that too much to ask?

wait so you don't want to use your amps distortion you want to use pedal distortion right?
Quote by mayermusic1
I've never played on one of these before. but it's 35 watts? so it would have more headroom, that's kind of what i'm going for. How does the vibrolux compare to the deluxe reverb in terms of clean tones?

wipes the floor with it. then pretty much tea bags it for lulz.
Quote by AcousticMirror
wait so you don't want to use your amps distortion you want to use pedal distortion right?

Yes. I have a fulltone fulldrive 2, and a sparkle drive for my overdrives... I'm looking for a good clean tone to base my pedals off of.

Maybe i'll give the vibrolux a look see, but for now i'm really leaning towards those new AC30's.
grab a fender then. the ac30 has 2 channels and you wouldn't be using one since you'll be using pedals anyway.
I second that Vibrolux idea. I am still trying to get my old boss' '69 Silverface Vibrolux

Overdrives with a Fender clean will be perfect mate.
I have a deluxe reverb and the clean sound cant be beat, it also takes pedals in the front with no problems. Well worth the money even tho I believe you are talking about a reissue it should still be ok.