Poll: tie with suit? should i?
Poll Options
View poll results: tie with suit? should i?
Yes of course you should!
95 78%
No i think ties suck
5 4%
It depends (explain in post)
13 11%
I told you not to buy a suit anyway!!
9 7%
Voters: 122.
Page 1 of 2
Well guise, i finally decided to buy that suit not too long ago and have since bought more shirts. The two new shirts came with a tie, should i wear the tie?

Usually i leave the top few buttons undone for comfort, i don't wanna look like a medallion man though so tell me what i should do. plawkz

Poll up soon

edit: inb4 'whats with all these crap threads tonight zoot'
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Sep 26, 2010,
Picture will be required before I take a stance.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
I like ties.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Don't be dumb. If you are wearing a suit, of course you wear a tie. You don't have to button the top/collar button on your shirt if you know how to wear it, and it doesn't sound like you do. I don't fault you for that, but you need to practice tieing that rascal before you actually have to wear it. I could try to describe my personal favorite tie knot, but you'd probably be better off just learning it on line. Google is your friend. Remember, it's better to be overdressed than underdressed.

And yes, the tie makes the suit. It's the icing on the cake. It's the color and style that sets it all off. It's the one thing that you can choose and control when you have to dress up in that monkey suit. And the chicks dig it, so get with it there.
Originally Posted by MortifiedLizard

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic.
Last edited by Rt1Rebel at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by Rt1Rebel
Don't be dumb. If you are wearing a suit, of course you wear a tie. You don't have to button the top/collar button on your shirt if you know how to wear it, and it doesn't sound like you do. I don't fault you for that, but you need to practice tieing that rascal before you actually have to wear it. I could try to describe my personal favorite tie knot, but you'd probably be better off just learning it on line. Google is your friend. Remember, it's better to be overdressed than underdressed.

I'll have to look that up now then
That's not what your mom said.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Dude, a tie with a suit is a terrible idea. You should be ashamed of yourself for even considering it.
Balls.
Suits need ties.

But wear a tie without a suit, and you look like a douchebag.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
I can't believe that this is being considered. See my previous edit.

Again, the tie is the one thing that YOU choose. It's the defining accent that YOU control over the ludicrous event of having to wear a suit in the first place. There are some fantastic ties out there, expect to pay $50 for a silk. I have a few Jerry Garcias that are my "go tos" but I imagine that they are outdated now.

Quote by Rt1Rebel

Again, the tie is the one thing that YOU choose. It's the defining accent that YOU control over the ludicrous event of having to wear a suit in the first place. There are some fantastic ties out there, expect to pay $50 for a silk. I have a few Jerry Garcias that are my "go tos" but I imagine that they are outdated now.

I take it you don't like wearing suits, do you?
Quote by nmitchell076
Without a tie, this can't happen

So yea, definitely wear a tie

clip on
Quote by Rt1Rebel

is this guy serious?
Val Kilmer says yes

E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
It really depends on the look you want. If you want professional, then definitely wear a tie. However, if you want a "younger, sleek look", wear a tight button up shirt with the top buttons unbuttoned.
It depends entirely on the circumstances. If you're at a formal event then wear the tie, but if you're just out then don't. I would consult patrick batemans guide for looking good if I were you. Don't feel like searching for it.

Nothing more needs to be said.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
^^ his face screams douchè

dont talk shit about neil poon handler. he will have sex with your mother.
Quote by rickyj
is this guy serious?

Of course I am. How far do you think you can go in life without knowing how to wear a tie?

Anyway, the windsor knot is bullshit. Totally asymetrical. Makes the knot look loopsided.

Try this:

Drape it around your neck long end on the right, You should have about a foot on the left and several on the right. Take the long end and go over the tail end on the left, and then bring it back out between the two between your neck. Go back around the left end and all the way under both and bring it out from under the right side. Now push it from front to back between the two ends around your neck. Bring it back around under the right end and over everything and then back over the left end. Bring it under the left end and back through the center. Stuff the end though the loop you've created and pull it out., not all at once. Keep some slack in it until you have it adjusted. Tighten it up and keep it neat. You can slide it up and avoid that horrible top botton.

Last edited by Rt1Rebel at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by Deadlock Riff
^^ his face screams douchè

You did not just insult Neil Patrick Harris.

Edit:

Quote by rickyj

No he won't. Maybe his father, though...
Quote by rickyj

He's already had a threesome with his mother and father.
Balls.
One more thing... the end of the tie should land somewhere about your beltline. If it's too short or too long, go back and do it again giving appropriate adjustments to the original procedure. There is nothing more idiotic than wearing a tie too short, trust me on this.

Quote by Rt1Rebel
One more thing... the end of the tie should land somewhere about your beltline. If it's too short or too long, go back and do it again giving appropriate adjustments to the original procedure. There is nothing more idiotic than wearing a tie too short, trust me on this.

my grandfather wears his tie a good 2 inches above his bellybutton.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"

It must be done.
"Remember, remember the 5th of November. The gunpowder, treason and plot. I know of no good reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot"
Quote by rickyj

And yet it would only make him douchier,

and a fan of fat chicks.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

LOL. Good for GD. I'm wondering why he wears a tie at all. I mean, if you're not impressing chicks or clients, why ****ing bother with it? I guess the answer to that is that you see him at weddings and funerals.

Quote by NoLaurelTree000

that sounds so cute and grandfatherly.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Quote by angusfan16
wear the goddamn tie

YeAH. I've tried to explain that the tie is the IT. If you are wearing a monkey suit, the tie is your own, your expression, your own. It's what defines you, it's the whole suit really. If the OP doesn't understand this, shame on him.

Honestly, if you want to look truly classy, the bowtie or ascot is the only way to go. Anyone can do a diagonally striped piece of silk hanging on their stomach.

Bows and toes, Bitch.
Quote by Rt1Rebel
LOL. Good for GD. I'm wondering why he wears a tie at all. I mean, if you're not impressing chicks or clients, why ****ing bother with it? I guess the answer to that is that you see him at weddings and funerals.

Hey man i'm not wearing the suit for anyone other than myself. I wear it as a day to day thing regardless of what i'm doing..
Quote by Rt1Rebel

Man, not only do you hate suits, you hate ties as well.
Quote by mattocaster99
Honestly, if you want to look truly classy, the bowtie or ascot is the only way to go. Anyone can do a diagonally striped piece of silk hanging on their stomach.

Bows and toes, Bitch.

GTFO with this bowtie bullshit. They work for tuxedoes, and that's it. Use some imagination, man.

Page 1 of 2