With my Yamaha FG700S I really liked the way it sounded with the strings it came with. Came time for a string change so I threw some phosphor bronze strings on. Yeah it had a lot brighter sound but a little too much. I'am looking forward to the day the strings wear and I put the extra set of strings it came with from factory. I read A LOT about how every enjoys these strings. Maybe they do because it's on a higher end guitar like a Martin or Taylor but on my yammy... eh.

Am I the only one?

Don't think I could afford anything great(Taylor/Martin) until a few years from now when I'am done with school but the Yamaha is pretty damn good though.
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
i like phosphor bronze it takes a while for them to break in well all strings doo
it takes about 3 days for phosphor bronze or most strings to lose the new, brighter sound. also not all phosphor bronze strings sound even close to alike. d'addario phosphor bronze sound completely different than DR rare phosphor bronze strings. i like 'em both a lot, but for different guitars. and i've heard cheap no-name phosphor bronze strings that just sound awful no matter what they're on.
yes, you are alone
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by jimihendrix6699
yes, you are alone

Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
Depending on the brand, the guitar wood, your ears ... it's all subjective.

NEVER try Kyser's Phospour Bronze though ... terrible.
Hydroxic acid, kills thousands of people every year. Studies have shown lakes and rivers all over North America contain high levels hydroxic acid. Currently governments have taken no action against this life threatening chemical.
Exactly. I tend to like phosphor bronze (I use D'Addario) because they have less of that crashy-new sound than most others. I don't care for it.

However.... Many artists prefer that sound, and I understand a lot of Nashville studio guys change strings constantly for that reason, often for every cut.

Different strokes......
I have switched to Daddario Coated Phosphor Bronze strings on my acoustic.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
I've never even heard a difference between standard bronze and phosphor-bronze. They alloys are virtually identical.
silk and steels.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by GC Shred Off
I've never even heard a difference between standard bronze and phosphor-bronze. They alloys are virtually identical.

PB against 80/20's? There is a drastic difference.
Hydroxic acid, kills thousands of people every year. Studies have shown lakes and rivers all over North America contain high levels hydroxic acid. Currently governments have taken no action against this life threatening chemical.
Quote by |Long|
PB against 80/20's? There is a drastic difference.

I've only ever noticed on brand new sets. After a week or more they sound damn close to me. I actually have a set of each on my two guitars right now, now that I think of it.
I reckon you should look into getting coated strings. i use elixir 80/20. my fav strings ever