Hey peoples, how's it goin, I have a freind just starting to learn his pentatonic scales, anybody know of a couple of classic songs or solos using minor petatonic? I need some reference points for him.

~Thanks
Been Dazed and Confused...
Quote by ZeligtheAxMan
Hey peoples, how's it goin, I have a freind just starting to learn his pentatonic scales, anybody know of a couple of classic songs or solos using minor petatonic? I need some reference points for him.

~Thanks

Tell him to learn some Metallica. Minor pentatonic is basically all that Kirk uses.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Believe it or not but most of the tapping sections in well pretty much every single van halen song. What Eddie is doing, is he's playing I think an a minor pentatonic but he's tapping the root note and pulling and hammer onto the other notes. A lot of songs that use tapping tend to rely on the pentatonic scales.

Tell him to play the pentatonic scale on a single string and you'll see what I mean.

And for some songs that use the pentatonic scale try eruption and ain't talkin bout love by Van Halen.
Quote by ZeligtheAxMan
any songs in particular?

No just anything he likes. The black album I think would be a good place to start. Nothing too difficult.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Kool, thanks guys, I already found some good stuff, funny part is, I think I may learn them as well!

~Zelig
Been Dazed and Confused...
Black Sabbath!

Paranoid and Iron man have some nice pentatonic licks
Quote by jkielq91
is this like one of those things where you need advice about something embarrasing so you say 'i have this freind' =P

Especially the whole spelling of Freind
Killing is my business...and business is not good
My guitar teacher is making me learn a Miley Cyrus solo only for the sake that it uses pentatonic 0.o
Quote by KoenDercksen

There are sooooooo many songs that use pentatonic. Why he would choose a Miley Cyrus song is beyond me

At least use something cool like crazy train, eruption, or stillborn by Black Label Society.