*sigh* im still undecided on this whole amp thing and after spotting someones NAD for a Blackstar HT-60 im having second thoughts on the purchase of a Ht-20 and orange cab w/ v30s which was to go down tomorrow.

Theyll both cost the same. But should i get the the 60 combo instead of head and cab as its got an extra channel and various voicing buttons.

as you may know, i play hard rock/metal and really clean cleans arent a necessity.

the 20 will be able to play over drums unmicced as well wont it?

Thanks.... again
just make sure you keep the reciept, bro. Make sure the store has a "return policy". If so, then schedule your purchase of the ht-20 w/ cab closer to your next band practice. If there is no refunds on the sale, then take someone elses' advice.
Go for the 20 + cab. With the cab, you can add heads in the future if you wish without paying the full price of a combo. The HT-20 is barely different from the 60 TBH. The extra channel and voice options are alright...but it's not like a MASSIVE difference. Also, 60 watts isn't really much louder than 20 watts. 200 watts is twice as loud as 20 for reference.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
thanks Ayses, im going to go get it tomorrow i think.

did anyone have any problems with them being really noisy? it was overly noisy in the shop but they said that was because of the fluroescent lights and all the other gear.
When I played one, it wasn't noisy at all. There's a chance that amps will be noisy in places with fluorescent lights and whatnot...especially if your guitar uses single coil pickups.

Also, when I first got my Vypyr, is was noisy as hell. When I bought a new guitar cord, it was fixed. Bad cords can be a huge source of noise.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
I have a 20 combo and I have no problems with noise. It's pretty loud too so I doubt you'll have problems getting over drums
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Hmm...hey. Don't want to be a thread hijacker...but has anyone whos played both an ht-20 and an ht-40 noticed a significant tone difference between the two? Is it just clean headroom and extra volume?
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Quote by Ayses
Hmm...hey. Don't want to be a thread hijacker...but has anyone whos played both an ht-20 and an ht-40 noticed a significant tone difference between the two? Is it just clean headroom and extra volume?

I tried out the 40 and the 20 when I was amp shopping. I ended up going with the 20. One thing I noticed off the bat is that I found the voicing on the 20 a bit darker compared to the 40. Something I like. I didn't really get to crank the 20 much but stock, the 40 sounds much better at a louder volume. It holds up better and has a better bass response. The HT-20 didn't sound as good when you really give it volume but I think it could possibly be due to the stock speaker in the 20. It's a Celestion Rocket which I'm planning on dumping for an Eminence Red Fang.

The 40 also has an additional mode on each channel and is a 2x12. The HT-20 is much lighter though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
^ ah thanks. After I buy my next 2 guitars (lol), I'll probably consider the HT-20
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
No it does not, and I'd assume that the stock speaker is rather lackluster. You'd be much better off with the 20 head and a good cab.
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M