hi folks.i'll buy a guitar. A friend of mine recommend me ltd mh-50 (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/esp/ltd_mh-50/index.html) yeah it looks cool but some of other friends told me that guitar has a floyd rose bridge so i can't play it or can't tune it.is it real?I'm a beginner but i really liked that one, so if i'll buy it can't it serve me well?what kind problems should i encounter?
You can get a Floyd bridge, it will just take a little bit to get used to. String changes are a little harder, but not really hard, and you cant change tunings without having to set up the trem again.
If you want to use the trem, I don't see why you shouldn't get it, you should do a little reading before you try to adjust anything on the trem. The main problem people have with Floyd trems is not understanding how they work.
The Floyd Rose setup thread sticky (up the top in the EG forum) is a great place to check out if you want some more info or have any questions.
Quote by littlephil
You can get a Floyd bridge, it will just take a little bit to get used to. String changes are a little harder, but not really hard, and you cant change tunings without having to set up the trem again.
If you want to use the trem, I don't see why you shouldn't get it, you should do a little reading before you try to adjust anything on the trem. The main problem people have with Floyd trems is not understanding how they work.
The Floyd Rose setup thread sticky (up the top in the EG forum) is a great place to check out if you want some more info or have any questions.

thanks man so that guitar won't be a nightmare when i buy it,huh?really, i don't know anything about guitars but i wanna learn.if it's not too hard to tune or too hard to play i want to buy it cause i've fell in love with mh 50 i think
Hi Alienseed, do as Phil said and read through the thread on the subject. Personally, if I were advising you as a newbie to guitar, I'd say stay away from FR systems until you can play a bit and know all the tech stuff about setting up a guitar.
I'd been playing 43 years before I got a FR equipped axe and it took me best part of a day to set it up first time. And the prior 23 years I'd played on one of the older single locking devices, so I knew all about the tuning fun.
The good thing about the FR system is that, once tuned, your guitar is likely to stay in tune, or very close, for the life of the strings.
As said, if you plan to play stuff that requires different tunings a lot, a hardtail guitar will serve you better.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
Hi Alienseed, do as Phil said and read through the thread on the subject. Personally, if I were advising you as a newbie to guitar, I'd say stay away from FR systems until you can play a bit and know all the tech stuff about setting up a guitar.
I'd been playing 43 years before I got a FR equipped axe and it took me best part of a day to set it up first time. And the prior 23 years I'd played on one of the older single locking devices, so I knew all about the tuning fun.
The good thing about the FR system is that, once tuned, your guitar is likely to stay in tune, or very close, for the life of the strings.
As said, if you plan to play stuff that requires different tunings a lot, a hardtail guitar will serve you better.

thank you very much.so if i buy a fixed bridge guitar like this http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/esp/ltd_ax-50/index.html what will i miss? (and what about that ax 50?)
I would advise a fixed bridge for a beginner. the AX-50 will be somewhat hard to hold.
If you liked the MH-50, Maybe have a look at the H-51 or maybe the H-101, they are very similar, just without the floyd rose.
Quote by alienSeed
thanks man so that guitar won't be a nightmare when i buy it,huh?really, i don't know anything about guitars but i wanna learn.if it's not too hard to tune or too hard to play i want to buy it cause i've fell in love with mh 50 i think

Trust me, it WILL be nightmare - steer clear of floating bridges for a first guitar.

What you'll "miss" by getting a fixed bridge guitar is out of tune bends, strings going out of tune every time you attempt to mute or even go near the bridge, a guitar that's impossible to tune and marathon string changes.

For a newbie guitarist those are the realities of a floating trem, the fun stuff you can do with them doesn't come into the picture until you're already a fairly competent player anyway so starting with one is pointless. All it does is stick a load more obstacles in the way of something that's hard enough to get to grips with in the first place.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by steven seagull
Trust me, it WILL be nightmare - steer clear of floating bridges for a first guitar.

What you'll "miss" by getting a fixed bridge guitar is out of tune bends, strings going out of tune every time you attempt to mute or even go near the bridge, a guitar that's impossible to tune and marathon string changes.

For a newbie guitarist those are the realities of a floating trem, the fun stuff you can do with them doesn't come into the picture until you're already a fairly competent player anyway so starting with one is pointless. All it does is stick a load more obstacles in the way of something that's hard enough to get to grips with in the first place.

so best i get married with that AX-50 for now,huh
My recommendation would be to start with a fixed bridge, then get a Floyd. I bought a Floyd first, so when I went to re-string it a long time ago before I knew how to do it, I couldn't finish it. I also couldn't play it for week or two. My local shop charge around $40-$50 for a string change and setup.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)