Yes, I have a PC. Yes, I have yet another virus. tl;dr

The only way i'm gonna be able to get rid of this is if I can stop it from starting up when Windows does. I'm on my Dads account at the moment, his doesn't seem to be infected. Is there any way to stop "SecurityTool" being started upon login on my account from my Dads account? I know I can use msconfig from my account, but that's the thing. I don't get a chance to get to it before my computer screen goes blue and it restarts.

ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Computer thread homie.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
When I start up my keyboard doesn't function until after i've logged in. So I can't use the arrow keys to select whethyer I want safe mode or not. Maybe I should just wipe the whole thing and start afresh.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I've dealt with viruses like this before. Have you tried restoring your computer? I know some viruses allow you to do that, but others don't.

If that doesn't work, do you have a legit antivirus program (Norton, McAfee, ect)?

If they don't work, I agree, just reformat. Sure you'll wipe everything out, but if I were you, I'd rather start anew than have a virtually unusable computer.
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
Computer thread mate.

Also, if your keyboard works after logging in, try doing start - run (or hold the windows key and press R) - type in msconfig, go to the startup tab and disable that security tool thing from there.

Then get some antivirus in this shit to clean the shit up.
My father had something similar last month. Does it stop you from opening anything etc, telling you that you have a virus and posing as an anti-virus tool?

Restart the PC and before the process can start open up the task manager. The moment you see the processes start shut them down using the task manager. Then locate them in your hard drive and delete the suckers. There will be two, one has to be deleted first before the other (the .exe) can be.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
90% chance this will work:

1:Go to system 32
2:Go to apps (could be called appsmanager or something similar depending on OS)
3:Google each file name inside folder
4:If one is a virus google will tell you and probably give you instruction on how to remove manually.

Worst case scenario you find nothing, in this case torrent Avast! "buy" it later.
Quote by derpdragon
90% chance this will work:

1:Go to system 32
2:Go to apps (could be called appsmanager or something similar depending on OS)
3:Google each file name inside folder
4:If one is a virus google will tell you and probably give you instruction on how to remove manually.

Worst case scenario you find nothing, in this case torrent Avast! "buy" it later.

But Avast! is free anyway. Or, as TS is using Windows, he can download Microsoft Security Essentials.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by muffinduck01
But Avast! is free anyway. Or, as TS is using Windows, he can download Microsoft Security Essentials.

Avast! isn't free, like all other virus programs it has a watered down free version that doesn't do anything helpful. Unless they have a new free version I'm not aware of since I haven't even installed a virus program on my computer since I got windows 7 over a year ago.
No anti-virus works. For anything. I also have the "Google Redirect Virus".
All anti-virus software won't install because none of them can find a connection to the internet, despite the fact my internet connection is fine.

It's practically the anti-anti-virus-virus.

Fuck it. I'll wipe it.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Hold on now, check to see if you can find out what the virus's name is. If you can figure that much out I can give you some website names and what not to block in your hostfile so you can connect to the internet.

People these days and always wanting to wipe there computer.

EDIT: Never mind I got you, give me a few minutes and I will get you what you need.

EDIT2: This will get you what you need (If it's the same virus you have) http://www.spywared.com/news/how-to-remove-security-tool-security-tool-removal-help-206.html

If it's not what you have than I suggest doing the ol' look for odd names check on system32.
Last edited by derpdragon at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by derpdragon
Avast! isn't free, like all other virus programs it has a watered down free version that doesn't do anything helpful. Unless they have a new free version I'm not aware of since I haven't even installed a virus program on my computer since I got windows 7 over a year ago.

I had Avast! earlier. Never had a cookie or virus detected. Got Nortons and it finds like 30 things

Free Avast! sucks
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Norton is a virus unto itself..and you PAY for it as well. I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials/Malwarebytes/Defender. If you don't mind paying a little bit of money though, grab some TrendMicro, shit is so cash man.
Boot up in safe mode with networking. Download malwarebytes and run a quick scan.
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Quote by izbbass
I had Avast! earlier. Never had a cookie or virus detected. Got Nortons and it finds like 30 things

Free Avast! sucks

Norton has also been known for reporting regular every day files as trojans.

Avast! ftw
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
Norton has also been known for reporting regular every day files as trojans.

Avast! ftw

I haven't found any trojans, mostly just tracking cookies.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo