ok, i really want to get that saturated and crunchy lamb of god kind of a guitar tone, so please recommend me some amplifiers.

i play at my home, so if you're going to recommend me a tube amp, it has to be able to produce crunchy, full sounding tone even at low volumes. i was thinking about the peavey valveking 112, but what do y'all think?
peavey 6505+ 112? should be able to get you there or atleast pretty close
if thats a bit pricey than maybe a peavey vypyr? the valveking isn't too good for saturated sounds
i'd also recommend an OD for pretty much most of the amps you'll be suggested
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
LOG use Mesa Mark Vs now, whats your budget??
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
my budget is around 500-600 US dollars.... i would prefer a combo instead of a half stack
peavey vypyr tube 60
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
the vypyr will get you pretty close and will get you pretty close at low volumes
peavey 6505+112 would get you closer but only at higher volumes
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
Quote by jkielq91
wait for the bugera mucician to come out and check that out, its a clone of log's amp

I wouldn't really suggest that, unless he wants to wait until after the first few runs are out, because the Mark IV/Magician is a fair bit more complex than the other amps that Bugera have put out, and theres a pretty good chance that the first run will have some problems because of the complexity of the amp.
Quote by littlephil
I wouldn't really suggest that, unless he wants to wait until after the first few runs are out, because the Mark IV/Magician is a fair bit more complex than the other amps that Bugera have put out, and theres a pretty good chance that the first run will have some problems because of the complexity of the amp.
I agree, there's a real chance there will be some initial problems. Of course, if you don't mind using the warranty, that's not a big deal.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by sewoo55
Vypyr is solid state, right? will it still give me the LoG tone?

the Vypyr 15,30,75 and 100 are solid state. Vypyr 60 and 120 are tube. Yes for home use, they can give u the LOG tone.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
well considering they use Mesa Boogie Mard IV's i Suggest Them.

When you get it 2 things to do:

1. Play With the Bubble Wrap
2. Fiddle With the controls.
Quote by Kanthras
I agree, there's a real chance there will be some initial problems. Of course, if you don't mind using the warranty, that's not a big deal.

Good point. I tend to not think about warranties because I typically dont buy new gear
You should be good with a warranty, and the Magician should pretty much nail their tone.
Quote by antonvrg
well considering they use Mesa Boogie Mard IV's i Suggest Them.

When you get it 2 things to do:

1. Play With the Bubble Wrap
2. Fiddle With the controls.

They use Mark Vs
They used to use Mark IVs
To ts you wont find a mark IV or V for even close to $500-600
They run well over $1000 used allthough i recently had a shot at a Mark IV for $1000,
but the seller was kind of shady.
Id get the peavey 6505+112 it will get you close to log tone, even at lower volumes, and its in your price range.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
I'd suggest a 6505+ 112. It will get you a good metal tone even at low volumes (the distortion comes from the preamp, not the power amp).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by slipknot_420
They use Mark Vs
They used to use Mark IVs
To ts you wont find a mark IV or V for even close to $500-600
They run well over $1000 used allthough i recently had a shot at a Mark IV for $1000,
but the seller was kind of shady.
Id get the peavey 6505+112 it will get you close to log tone, even at lower volumes, and its in your price range.

if you cant get a Mark V or IV then use a 6505+112
$600 isn't going to get you tone that sounds like lamb of god. $600 WILL get you a tone that when you play a LoG riff, it sounds really badass.

but the amps have already been recommended
/rig
Quote by littlephil

LOL BUGERA JOKE LOL
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Well, if money is of no object, and alder body guitar, with a JB in the bridge, in to a Mesa/Boogie Mark series.
But for your amount of money, a peavey 6505 combo will do fine
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
My Blackstar HT-5 boosted with a MXR GT-OD does LOG tone with ease. At either whisper volume levels and cranked.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by NosralTserrof
LOL BUGERA JOKE LOL

LOL FANBOI GETTING DEFENSIVE LOL

I wasn't joking. Go take a look at a Mark IV schematic and you'll see why.
Last edited by littlephil at Sep 26, 2010,
Also THD hotplate will give you the crunch at low volume
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Quote by maddnotez
Also THD hotplate will give you the crunch at low volume

Lower, they don't recude the volume by as much as people tend to think. You can't run the amp at full power and expect bedroom volume levels
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.