i've got a Zoom G2.1u multi effects pedal and i'm wondering how you go about setting something up on it which gives my solos a volume boost, to stand out from the rest of my band.

Currently i have 5 channels i use (all with slight overdrive for tone and noise reducer)
A0: Flanger
A1: Nothing
A2: Wah
A3: Delay
A4: Whammy

Any help or advice is appreciated
i had the same... pretty good stuff for the start!
you can change the volume in the settings. so, if you just want to boost volume, you can copy the sound to the next slot and change the volume.
thats how i did it
Gear
-----
Ibanez SA-S32 FMTL
Engl Screamer Head
Engl SS412 V60 Celestion
Engl Z5 Footswitch
Ibanez Delay
BOSS MegaDistortion
Quote by Astaldo
i had the same... pretty good stuff for the start!
you can change the volume in the settings. so, if you just want to boost volume, you can copy the sound to the next slot and change the volume.
thats how i did it

Thats actually a good idea!
Like this?
A0: Flanger
A1: Flanger W/Volume Boost
A2: Normal
A3: Normal W/Volume Boost
A4: Wah
A5: Wah W/Volume Boost

Etc

Edit: By boost volume what do you mean? i tried the Boost in Wah/Efx but all that did was reduce and increase the gain depending on foot controller position.

i'm using Amp distortion btw, the pedal gives it a bit of tone colour with the overdrive and effects.

i tried using the volume control on the pedal but it sounds shite at moderate volume and makes barely any difference :/. Good suggestions though!
Last edited by Afroboy267 at Sep 26, 2010,
instead of turning the volume up, try to decrease it (the one you want to be quiter of course), and so you can turn your amp a bit louder!
it's not perfect, but it should work for the most gigs

edit: yes i mean the volume-knob!
Gear
-----
Ibanez SA-S32 FMTL
Engl Screamer Head
Engl SS412 V60 Celestion
Engl Z5 Footswitch
Ibanez Delay
BOSS MegaDistortion
Last edited by Astaldo at Sep 26, 2010,
But all that does is reduce and increase the level of the Overdrive, not the Amp distortion. i don't like Pedal distortions really.
Quote by Afroboy267
But all that does is reduce and increase the level of the Overdrive, not the Amp distortion. i don't like Pedal distortions really.

Is the pedal BEFORE the pre amp stage?
It should ideally be in the amps effects loop. What amp do you have?
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Is the pedal BEFORE the pre amp stage?
It should ideally be in the amps effects loop. What amp do you have?

Yeah, it is, i'll have a try with that because my amp has FX send and return ports.

i'm using a Marshall AVT100X

Edit: Just tried that, sounded shite but i'll have a play around with it some more, cheers.
Last edited by Afroboy267 at Sep 26, 2010,