I am thinking about purchasing an 8 string, i player an RGA8 the other day and although i really liked the feel of it i really wasnt impressed by the pickups

I have been looking a bit at Agiles and they seem really good value for money, but i have heard it would cost a lot to import one

Would it be worth it?
you could always upgrade the pickups in the ibanez.

Not sure if it's worth it, I'm not too well up on 8 strings, and I realise they're a lot harder to get a hold of, but regarding the 6 strings it's normally not worth it unless you're saving a lot. Stuff sold in the US is sold without VAT/sales tax, once it hits the UK, you're instantly hit with VAT (17.5%; 20% from January), customs (around 3-4% on guitars), and about a £10 customs fee from the courier. Bear in mind, the VAT and customs are charged on the postage too (which could be $100 or more, unless you get a company which is subsidising the postage).

I'm not saying it won't still be worth it- it might. But VAT, customs and postage do add a LOT to the price you originally thought you were going to pay.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you could always upgrade the pickups in the ibanez.

Not sure if it's worth it, I'm not too well up on 8 strings, and I realise they're a lot harder to get a hold of, but regarding the 6 strings it's normally not worth it unless you're saving a lot. Stuff sold in the US is sold without VAT/sales tax, once it hits the UK, you're instantly hit with VAT (17.5%; 20% from January), customs (around 3-4% on guitars), and about a £10 customs fee from the courier. Bear in mind, the VAT and customs are charged on the postage too (which could be $100 or more, unless you get a company which is subsidising the postage).

I'm not saying it won't still be worth it- it might. But VAT, customs and postage do add a LOT to the price you originally thought you were going to pay.
Hey Dave! I imagine the same rules apply for shipping guitar parts sent separately; but, would it be cheaper, specially if it's a bolt-on neck?

not sure.

I mean, the shipping on e.g. a tremolo system is going to be less than a whole guitar, but I don't know if splitting up a guitar into its neck and body would save you much or not (assuming that's what you mean)... I guess it depends on whether the cost is based on weight or size (or a combo of both)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?