Page 1 of 2
Okay, I'm probably going to sound like a whiny little git here, but that's sort of what I want.
Anyway, point is, I haven't cried in about 4 years.
My mum died 4 years ago, and since she died, the most I've ever been able to manage is some watery eyes and a little bit of welling up.
I've also been incredibly stressed over the last year, so much to the point that it's resulted in a mild stress related hair loss.
But the main point I want to ask here is, does anyone know how this affects my ability to cry?

I'm probably rambling on now, but I used to enjoy crying because it helped keep me calm and release any emotions that I had. But I'm thinking that some of my stress might be related to it in a way.

Come to think of it, I don't think there is really a black and white answer here, but can anyone give any hints as to why this might be?

Thanks
Watch the entire anime Saikano. your eyes will become waterfalls by the ending 6 episodes

People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Last edited by Deadlock Riff at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Have you tried:
A kick in the balls.
Watching sad films such as : "The Green Mile"
"Schindler's list"
"Kindergarten Cop" >.>

having a wife and children?
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
I used to be like that until I went through a bout of depression. Now, I cry over everything sad. Like the movie where Kieffer Sutherland was killed by that bull, or watching that video of Vladimir Konstantinov after his accident. -.-
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Nameless742
Have you tried:
A kick in the balls.
"Schindler's list"
"Kindergarten Cop" >.>

none of those are saddening :/
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
I used to be this way.

Then I got a girlfriend.
Then we broke up
Then we got back together
Now we're close to a break up

Having a girlfriend will make you cry. Trust me. I'm a man.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by Nameless742
Have you tried:
A kick in the balls.
"Schindler's list"
"Kindergarten Cop" >.>

Wat? Which part of that made you cry?
Quote by tyler_j
I'm probably rambling on now, but I used to enjoy crying because it helped keep me calm and release any emotions that I had. But I'm thinking that some of my stress might be related to it in a way.

Fap? You could try making god cry?
It could be that you are still depressed from 4 years ago. Sometimes a traumatic event can trigger a sort of 'emotional numbness' which, while not stopping you from feeling the emotion itself, can stop you from expressing it in a healthy way. It's probably something you should see a medical proffesional about

edit: also try some sad music to try and set you off
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
I'm the exact same as you TS. No seriously, exactly, except cut out the hairloss and reduce the stress a bit and change 4 years to 3 years.

Quote by Momsmood
..i cried at the movie Click

+1

I bawled my eyes out.

I was 15

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
Wat? Which part of that made you cry?

I was less than or equal to seven! haha.
SO?

Edit: He gets shot, the kids are so sad too!.

Quote by Deadlock Riff

You don't have my missus, babies are fine. Just women are controlling FAT *****S BITCHES, LEAVE ME ALONE WOMAN
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
In Which I replied.
Last edited by Nameless742 at Sep 26, 2010,
Man, don't post this stuff in the Pit, I suggest having some serious conversations with friends, or even getting a psychiatrist

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
All you guys are mentioning movies that are not the least bit sad. TS, If you wanna cry watch the TV series "Six-Feet-Under" I swear to god you will be bawling at the season finally. I can't really cry either, but after seeing that I cried pretty dam good.
probably because the saddest thing that has happened to you is when your mom passed away. I'm sure if my mom died, I would be in hysterics, and every other sad thing would pale in comparison.
I cry about the stupidest things. Pretty much everything makes me cry.

Except for deaths...my best friend and my uncle both died this year and I didn't cry about that.
cat
After my mum died I cry all the time at emotive parts of films or tv. Stupid as it sounds, I'm a little girl in 'Click' with Adam Sandler.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Momsmood

that's because it's a f*cking shit film.

wanta cry? try this.

1. go into a music store.
2. go into "metal"
3. find Metallica.
4. buy Load, Reload, and Death Magnetic for as much money as you can.
5. while you're there, pickup some Bieber and AQUA.
6. go home and listen, through the frst few tracks, tie youself to a chair so you cant move/turn off the music.

Sorted.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I'm the exact same as you TS. No seriously, exactly, except cut out the hairloss and reduce the stress a bit and change 4 years to 3 years.

Plus you like Children Collide
But good to know I'm not the only one :/

Quote by deafening
Man, don't post this stuff in the Pit, I suggest having some serious conversations with friends, or even getting a psychiatrist

Yeah, tried the conversation with friends and it ended up with them going off and drinking :/
And I'm waaaay too skint for a psychiatrist, so I'm pretty much relying on peoples' previous experiences
I saw this on an episode of House once. The woman couldn't cry. Looking it up now, she had a fungal infection, candidiasis. I'd get yourself checked out..
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Your username... it's amazing.

Yup.
Quote by Nameless742
I was less than or equal to seven! haha.
SO?

Edit: He gets shot, the kids are so sad too!.

You don't have my missus, babies are fine. Just women are controlling FAT *****S BITCHES, LEAVE ME ALONE WOMAN

Don't worry, I cried at Power Rangers when I was a kid
Quote by thanksgiving
+1

I bawled my eyes out.

I was 15

The hospital part?
Quote by Momsmood

Me too

Anyways, Marley and Me nearly kiled me. Worst Christmas ever.
When you are close to crying, listen to these songs by Manchester Orchestra:

"I Can Feel Your Pain"
"Sleeper 1972"
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Hey i also teared up in Click. It was a good movie!

But hey man, i think you should just try to be more open to EVERYTHING. i find most times when i shed man-tears is when i really revel in the beauty of something. Like an incredible sunset or when my favorite part of whatever given song hits just as soon as i drive up over a hill and the sun comes into view. Look really hard at your life and find what's most important to you, and pursue it!
Quote by Captain Insano
Go to a support group for men with testicular cancer.

It's Okay Cornelius, You can cry
In Which I replied.
Quote by fumb-duck
I saw this on an episode of House once. The woman couldn't cry. Looking it up now, she had a fungal infection, candidiasis. I'd get yourself checked out..

I've got a doctor's appointment next week, I'll ask about that sort of stuff while I'm there, thanks man

Quote by Altitudinous
Hey i also teared up in Click. It was a good movie!

But hey man, i think you should just try to be more open to EVERYTHING. i find most times when i shed man-tears is when i really revel in the beauty of something. Like an incredible sunset or when my favorite part of whatever given song hits just as soon as i drive up over a hill and the sun comes into view. Look really hard at your life and find what's most important to you, and pursue it!

I like you *and* your suggestions, thanks heaps. I'll give that a shot
Quote by Captain Insano
Go to a support group for men with testicular cancer.

Or you can start an underground fighting club and take your frustrations out like man

Edit:TS I don't know what to suggest besides sad sounding music you can get into.
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
Last edited by ricanboyguitar at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by gatechballer
When you are close to crying, listen to these songs by Manchester Orchestra:

"I Can Feel Your Pain"
"Sleeper 1972"

Actually, I just got onto these guys, I'll give these songs a try too
Watch the movie Crash, go to a Baww thread on /b/, turn into a girl and watch Titanic...
DeVillains!
Quote by Deadlock Riff

How the hell could you not cry at the Green Mile? You are clearly not human!
Gear:

Ibanez SR700
Ibanez GSR200
Yamaha RGX 121Z

Peavey Tour series 450 Head + Peavey 410 TVX Cab
VOX ADVT15

Line 6: Guitarport
TS's post reminded me of some mandatory school reading from elementary school (perhaps middle school) about some little orphan kid who couldn't cry because he had cried so much before that his eye faucets went dry. I can't think of the name and now it will bother me forever.

Edit: He totally cries later in the book though.
Quote by Momsmood
The hospital part?

Yeah when he's on the ground crying

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Last edited by Led Pepplin at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by Momsmood

Now I don't feel as bad.

Here this might help
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Last edited by TheIntruder at Sep 26, 2010,
Page 1 of 2