hi, i want to make some drawings on the neck of my guitar.
which kind of color should i use for this, there are any special kind of color or can i use normal paint?
front or back of neck? ie fretboard or other side?
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
i dont recomend drawing on the fretboard as it will come of from the rubbing of your fingers(although i know they soundt touch) and the oils from your hands
although if you must do it nail polish i found works the best just make sure is completely dry before you touch it
designs are usually inlayed for this reason
Quote by supersac
i dont recomend drawing on the fretboard as it will come of from the rubbing of your fingers(although i know they soundt touch) and the oils from your hands
although if you must do it nail polish i found works the best just make sure is completely dry before you touch it
designs are usually inlayed for this reason

exactly this.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend drawing on it..... :L

Inlaying it is the best thing to do.
Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
"the thing where you put your fingers"

And this is why guitar techs have jobs.

Anyway, I've seen ONCE a guy take a flame maple fretboard, put a crazy design template on top, and then he stained the fretboard with different colors over the template. It was a Vine of Life type thing with a bunch of crazy different colors. He then clearcoated the fretboard (as one is supposed to do with soft maple fretboards) which also served the purpose of locking in the stain.

Looked badass and hard to do. It probably wouldn't work on any fretboard wood besides maple as stains don't show well on dark woods.
Last edited by Seref at Sep 26, 2010,
crayola crayons. Jk. Why not change your fretboard out with a chalkboard, then before you play you can put a badass design on every time. Better yet, get blacklight reactive chalk. And a blacklight, and a strobelight. And hope you're not epileptic.
Life is about taking risks, as long as the risks aren't too risky.
How make learn conjunctions first?

Seriously though:
I don't reccomend drawing neck. Neck is very bad draw on. Will rub off. Not very good. Need do lots inlays instead.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by timbit2006

Seriously though:
I don't reccomend drawing neck. Neck is very bad draw on. Will rub off. Not very good. Need do lots inlays instead.

hmmm.

i suppose wood stain or acrylic will do the job.
but you ought to seal it with a varnish/finish else it will rub off.

i've seen classical guitars that have black painted fretboards (literally).
i wonder which paints they use.
Quote by timbit2006

Seriously though:

Man make fire. Man make guitar. Man draw on guitar. Guitar catch fire.
Quote by acrtl1000s
Man make fire. Man make guitar. Man draw on guitar. Guitar catch fire.

I'm a really good teacher of proper English. The reason being:
Korean students. At my house.
My parents signed up for the Korean exchange student thing, where they'd get a student.
I told all of them I Wouldn't respond to them unless they talked in proper sentences
I'm an ass
Oh Canadians and their infinite tolerance for... well everything. People, stupidity, language barriers, *cough*alcohol*cough*

For the fretboard, why not just do inlays? You gotta risk it to get the biscuit.
Quote by the_perdestrian
its not his fault hes Italian.

You're right. It's his parents. Or his Parents parents. Or his Parents parent parents. Anything after that is too far.

Already got 1 warning. I'll get out now.