Quote by Steel8909
How many keys would it have? Assuming it's a 6 string\E standard tuning.

48. 4 octaves.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
24+the number of frets (assuming that your guitar has 5 or more frets). The piano version of a 24 fret guitar would have 4 octaves.
Quote by Banjocal
48. 4 octaves.

not 48

more like 45 or 46 (remember that the 8 is also the 1 of the next octave)
Ok cool trying to figure out how many keys I should get when I buy a keyboard, I think 61 is good enough.
Quote by '93
not 48

Oh God. 2 octaves between low and high E string is 24 frets as the 24. fret on low E string is also E (same pitch as high E). If the guitar has 24 frets, then it has exactly 48 different pitches (piano keys). Counting from first tone (and not counting the last one), one octave consists of 12 semitones (and every tone is there only once).
Quote by -Rodion-
Oh God. 2 octaves between low and high E string is 24 frets as the 24. fret on low E string is also E (same pitch as high E). If the guitar has 24 frets, then it has exactly 48 different pitches (piano keys). Counting from first tone (and not counting the last one), one octave consists of 12 semitones (and every tone is there only once).

Actually 49. You have to count the low E as well.
48 frets + the open string.
Quote by '93
not 48

i meant on a 24 fret guitar 22 fret guitars < 24 fret guitars
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Steel8909
Ok cool trying to figure out how many keys I should get when I buy a keyboard, I think 61 is good enough.

A keyboard and a guitar aren't really comparable because you play both the melody and the bass on a keyboard.(if you play piano music) I have a keyboard with 61 keys (5 octaves) and it has a function to make the whole keyboard sound one octave lower or higher. This is enough for almost all songs but there are a few songs that need a sixth octave. So it probably enough. Don't buy a keyboard with less than 5 octaves.