hi! i have searched for a log time but not found what i'm looking for. well, i am looking for a proper bass fuzz (to use with my guitar, that another story though). anyways i want something that you can get for less than 100 euros/ 130 bucks. i like kinda extreme sounds like this: .
Quote by WtrPlyr
Try a Big Muff. It won't get you the sound of that clip perfectly, but it'll come close and it's cheap.

+1.

The usual guitar one, or if you find it clips off too much lows, try the Bass Big Muff. There are also the hundreds of Big Muff options with varying approaches to tone shaping and whatnot.
I have a Bass Big Muff, I use it with guitar and bass and it sounds great with both, it's well under that budget, I've never had any problems with it, it's easy to get a good sound out of with any amp I've used it with. Great pedal over all.

Fits on a pedal board alot easier than a regular Big Muff too.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
i've actually been looking at the bbm quite some time now...does it produce that modern sound? something noisy. i'm not really into vintage sounds (in this context).
Quote by macktastic
i've actually been looking at the bbm quite some time now...does it produce that modern sound? something noisy. i'm not really into vintage sounds (in this context).

My bassist has both. I A/B'd it with my guitar rig, the Bass Big Muff sounds way smoother than the NYC Big Muff, kinda like a little Big Muff actually.

NYC Big Muff has more 'in your face' sound. Noiser and feedbacks a lot though.
Gear
Fender Hotrod Deville 2x12
Fender MIM Strat | Epi Dot 335
Fulltone '69 mkii | Boss OD-1
'95 RAT2 | '78 IC Big Muff | DL4
Last edited by ZeroChan at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by FuzzLove
I have a Bass Big Muff, I use it with guitar and bass and it sounds great with both, it's well under that budget, I've never had any problems with it, it's easy to get a good sound out of with any amp I've used it with. Great pedal over all.

Fits on a pedal board alot easier than a regular Big Muff too.

I second all of this. Absolutely love mine, great with guitar as well as bass. It's fun to split out the dry signal with guitar and mix it up to get some interesting sounds, or biamp it for some thick awesomeness. It's VERY modern, but you can get vintage tones out of it too. Everything from Gilmour to Muse is possible with your playing.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite