Poll: Who was a better person
Poll Options
View poll results: Who was a better person
Stalin
15 43%
Hitler
20 57%
Voters: 35.
I think this might be interesting: two people who are commonly used as examples of evil, were responsible for the brutal murders of millions of people etc etc as you all know.

But considering how awful they both were, is it possible to say one was worse than the other? who do you think was a better person?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallica #1
Hitler killed 6 million jews, 10 million people in total.
Stalin didn't do that Lol.
Hitler is the true meaning of evil

stalin killed so many of his own people that they lost count.

Hitler was AT THE VERY LEAST nice to the German people. Stalin was a **** to everybody.
meh
Hitler liked dogs and was vegitarian,stalin killed three times the number Hitler did.
A better person?

They both killed millions of people.

Are we talking about the non-existent morality of their character, or their leadership abilities?

Stupid thing to think about, TS. You'd have to know both of them to make an assessment of their character, and I think we're all pretty satisfied that Stalin and Hitler are no longer a part of our lives.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by metallica #1

General estimates for deaths during the great purges (a period of about 4 years) are about 20 million.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by itorch
Hitler liked dogs and was vegitarian,stalin killed three times the number Hitler did.
He wasn't vegetarian and also had both balls before that one comes up.
^ are we seriosuly going to debate over whether:

A: killing everyone you see makes you the bigger prick.
B: killing millions of minorities makes you a bigger prick.

Really? adly thought out TS. And everyone who debates it.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by get ta led out!
stalin killed so many of his own people that they lost count.

Hitler was AT THE VERY LEAST nice to the German people. Stalin was a **** to everybody.

Exactly.

Being shit to everyone is better than to be a racist and kill people based on their race and ETC.

I'd kill you for this post, but not because of your race.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by metallica #1

But hitler felt he was making the world a better place - Stalin just killed people for very little reason.

They were both very evil and horrible, to their "own" people and to others. I think that all the other posts end this thread.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by metallicafan616
But hitler felt he was making the world a better place - Stalin just killed people for very little reason.

Evil.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by metallicafan616
They both thought they were making the world a better place, one for nationalism and the other for the "working class".

They both have fucked up childhoods, or so I've heard.

I think it's hard to judge.
Quote by DeadlySurfer
Agreed.

I'm not saying what he did was right, at all, but to him he probably thought that his actions were infact helping the overall world.

To him he wanted the best race possible, which is surely what we all want.

Just he killed millions and millions of people to do it.

Your logic just makes me cringe.

Quote by Banjocal
^ are we seriosuly going to debate over whether:

A: killing everyone you see makes you the bigger prick.
B: killing millions of minorities makes you a bigger prick.

Really? adly thought out TS. And everyone who debates it.

This.

Quote by PRporcupine
Hitler wanted a better world.

And Stalin wanted, what? To ruin the world?

They were both doing what they felt was right. Everyone always does.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by Guitar0player
Evil.

are you calling me evil or something

What I mean is that even if his actions were atrocious, at least he was trying to improve the world through them - even though had he been successful most would agree the world would be worse - whereas stalin just wanted...well I don't really know what he was trying to acheive.

Quote by metallica #1
Hitler killed 6 million jews, 0 people in total.

Fixed
Last edited by metal4eva_22 at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by metallicafan616

Stalin also thought he was making the world a better place, and his 5 year plans turned the USSR from a feudal society into a world superpower. He killed millions to do it, but so did the industrial revolution.
Stalin was an evil cunt who lied, killed and cheated his way to where he got, and didn't understand the ideology he espoused, but he wasn't just evil for the sake of it either.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
just thought it was interesting to see this post. Im actually in a college history class that deals solely on this topic.....
Quote by itorch
He stilled liked dogs...you sure he wasn't a veggie??

Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure he was an avid vegetable eater.
Oh yeah and I also remember reading something about how Stalin himself had less authority than Hitler did, and a lot of the other higher ups in his party were just as responsible for the purges and such as he was.
After the early 1930s, Hitler generally followed a vegetarian diet, although he ate meat on occasion. There are reports of him disgusting his guests by giving them graphic accounts of the slaughter of animals in an effort to make them shun meat.[336] A fear of cancer (from which his mother died) is the most widely cited reason, though many authors[who?] also assert Hitler had a profound and deep love of animals.[citation needed] Martin Bormann had a greenhouse constructed for him near the Berghof (near Berchtesgaden) to ensure a steady supply of fresh fruit and vegetables for Hitler throughout the war.

Hitler was a non-smoker and promoted aggressive anti-smoking campaigns throughout Germany. (See Anti-tobacco movement in Nazi Germany).[337]

wikipedia

I knew he was some kind of veggie..anti smoker though....bastard
Stalin's death count is higher than Hitler, no question, but Hitler's systematic genocide I feel is more evil based on the motivation and method of the Holocaust.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.

Option 3: TS you're a dumbass for trying to see which of two evil people is the "better" one.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
I read a book about Stalin and really from young age he was a ****in psycho. He slaughtered his own people. He was a terrorist and a robber. He also was a complete creep, impregnated a 13 year old girl for instance.

Compared to Stalin Hitler was a saint.
They were both cunts, debate over.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Stalin also thought he was making the world a better place, and his 5 year plans turned the USSR from a feudal society into a world superpower. He killed millions to do it, but so did the industrial revolution.
Stalin was an evil cunt who lied, killed and cheated his way to where he got, and didn't understand the ideology he espoused, but he wasn't just evil for the sake of it either.

Apparently, he was also two faced and convinced the country that purges etc were the fault of the other leaders and he would only want to help the citizens.

Quote by metallicafan616

What? You think the Bolsheviks didn't think they were trying to make the world a better place?

Furthermore, the situation in Russia wasn't as simple as Stalin 'killing' loads of people. Also responsible were the likes of Genrikh Yagoda and Nikolai Yehzov, both heads of the NKVD, the former of whom helped pioneer the Gulag and the latter was responsible for such indescriminate killing that Stalin had him arrested and executed. Stalin actually reined in the Purges, but probably more for practical reasons than compassion.

Also, many of those killed in Russia were actually denounced at a grass-roots level and the party machine was so blind that just about all these people were executed. Placing sole responsibilty on Stalin's shoulders is ridiculous.

There is of course also the horrible policy of collectivisation, but arguably the advances gained by it were essential to the Allied war effort against Hitler.

I'm not defending Stalin, I'm just saying he wasn't the same kind of bastard as Hitler. Ultimately, killing on racial grounds, in such an industrialised manner, AND starting the greatest catastrophe ever to hit the human race (WWII) swings the evil balance towards Hitler.
Last edited by Pagan-Pie at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by Pagan-Pie
What? You think the Bolsheviks didn't think they were trying to make the world a better place?

Furthermore, the situation in Russia wasn't as simple as Stalin 'killing' loads of people. Also responsible were the likes of Genrikh Yagoda and Nikolai Yehzov, both heads of the NKVD, the former of whom helped pioneer the Gulag and the latter was responsible for such indescriminate killing that Stalin had him arrested and executed. Stalin actually reined in the Purges, but probably more for practical reasons than compassion.

Also, many of those killed in Russia were actually denounced at a grass-roots level and the party machine was so blind that just about all these people were executed. Placing sole responsibilty on Stalin's shoulders is ridiculous.

There is of course also the horrible policy of collectivisation, but arguably the advances gained by it were essential to the Allied war effort against Hitler.

I'm not defending Stalin, I'm just saying he wasn't the same kind of bastard as Hitler. Ultimately, killing on racial grounds, in such an industrialised manner, AND starting the greatest catastrophe ever to hit the human race (WWII) swings the evil balance towards Hitler.

First of all, thanks for the information (and others too), I'm sort of trying to look at it from both angles, because I think it's a very hard question to answer due to how they were both incredibly evil. I think Hitler was slightly more evil because it was so systematic.

Quote by TomusAM
Debate continues.

FFUUUU
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Neither were good people. I don't think either one is worse than the other, they're just both as bad.

As for numbers, well Stalin wins, but I don't think that's the point.