Page 1 of 3
Couldnt find a topic... My school like things like The Offspring, Sublime, Bob Marley... those kind, but really its all pop techno and hip hop crap.
Whats popular at your school?
Avenged Sevenfold Fan, proud of it.
my highschool was:
Bieber, Lady Gaga, Drake, Lil Wayne, You know what I mean. The most generic possible music from every genre.

My university is:

Everything on the planet.
when i went to school it was all metal and a few hip hoppers sprinkled through out
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
Pop.

I think i'll go cry now..........

P.S.: Muse is actually a really really great band, especially live, it's just unfortunate they got radioplay.
Muse is great, although I like there older stuff a lot more. Your normal hip hop and rap is popular at my school. Some of its crappy, some of its good. Of course then there is the hipster stuff that no one has heard and its all "super indie." I can't remember most of the hipster bands some of my friends like.

Kid Cudi
Lupe Fiasco
Matt & Kim
Trey Songz
Nicki Minaj
Kings of Leon
Cage the Elephant
Muse
Sublime: awesome

and all that normal top 40 hit stuff.

Need more Metal and GOOD hip hop and rock/alternative. Good pop does exist, its just rare these days.

Kind of bias on Muse btw, been a huge fan for a while and I'll be going to there concert in Virginia this October
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Last edited by RocknRory at Sep 26, 2010,
Well I go to an enormous state college, so basically everything could be considered popular. Though if there was one peculiarly popular one, I'd say Girl Talk.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
When it came to girls, there was nothing outside of the "Pop" safezone.. It was all Bieber, Drake, Lady Gaga, that stuff.

When it came to the guys, it was one of two things.
1) Classic rock elitist. Anything that isn't Guns n' Roses, Led Zep, or Lynard Skynard, sucks.
2) Generic "Metalheads". Anything that doesn't have over-the-top death/screaming/growling, with super chugga chugga breakdowns, is "Gay".

I knew very few people who listened to what I listen to.
Muse and Paramore
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Weezy
Kid Cudi
lady gaga
queer shit like attack attack
Sublime
Dirty Heads
Bob Marley
then lots of classic rock
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Last edited by vanhailin at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by NEScore
attack attack, a day to remember, anything with a generic breakdown

This. I hate this music. It is my least favorite. It pisses me off that seriously almost everyone likes it, especially all the preppy girls. They get so excited when one of their dumb bands comes here that every singles status and wall post is, "omg are you goin to the *insert band name here* concert?! (:"

It's ****ing horrid music.

Right now, everyone's being a twat over "Asking Alexandria" and "A Day to Remember" coming here.

Half of it is the cool image they think they get by liking it. And all of a sudden, everyone has been listening to this style for "about a year or so now".

In short: people suck.

Where's the guy with the sig that says "It's been scientifically and mathematically proven that most people's musical taste sucks," because it really would fit in right about now.

Eminem, Katy Perry, Snow Patrol, Lady Gaga, N-Dubz...

Basically whatever is in the charts.
all my friends like hardcore punk like gallows, black flag, dead kennedys and then stuff with similer influence like nirvana and nofx then the rest are chavs and people who listebn to the charts
Most likely everyone apart from few metalheads and rockers listen to the current top 10 "artists".
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

apart from pop, Paramore, Green Day, Muse I'm the only one into grunge and heavy metal ands classic rock
Excluding rap and pop, crap like AX7, Bullet for my Valentine, Slipknot, and other crappy nu metal/wanna be metal rock bands, and of course the girls love Oasis.
Quote by xaviergray
These kinds of threads make me sad for humanity.

I don't know why, but these sort of things about musical taste piss me off much more than they should. They enrage me.

Maybe it' because my least favorite genre is what everyone thinks is the best.

Maybe it's because when they say they like this stuff, instead of pop, they take themselves serious as music listeners and consider this to be real serious music and a legitimate taste. Then they can't stand most other stuff that isn't mainstream. Just this.

Maybe it's how seriously they take the lyrics and how they think they're the greatest things ever written hat applies deeply to their lives.

It even pisses me off how they refer to every low key show as a "concert". When I hear concert, I think big large venue with many many people. Things like... Bieber for instance. But that's what they use.

I'm making myself mad just typing this. Why am I this way, I'm unsure.

Right now: Lady Gaga, Attack! Attack!, Bring Me the Horizon, A Day to Remember, Dr. Acula.
2 years ago: Everything under the sun.

I miss sophomore year.
Bob Marley
My Chemical Romance
Lady Gaga
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
At my school it really depends on what clique or social group they're in. Most of the preppy people and wannabe gangsters (yes, I live in the middle of nowhere and even we have them..) like the obnoxious hip-hop and rap, the *real* hicks like country, while the wannabes listen to rap and hip-hop. The goth/emo crowd listen to metal or something.. I don't know... And then there's this big middle ground of people who don't fit into any of those groups and listen to a wide variety of stuff.
Everything from Bring Me the Horizon to My Chemical Romance to You Me At Six.....yes my school is full of poser scene faggots.
Last edited by kacper_j at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I don't know why, but these sort of things about musical taste piss me off much more than they should. They enrage me.

Everyone is entitled to there own musical opinion.

Maybe it's because when they say they like this stuff, instead of pop, they take themselves serious as music listeners and consider this to be real serious music and a legitimate taste. Then they can't stand most other stuff that isn't mainstream. Just this.

So you're saying these band, aren't putting any effort into their music? Just Because it isn't you're favorite doesn't make is any less than yours. They did something right, they have thousands of fan, you?... doubt it.

Maybe it's how seriously they take the lyrics and how they think they're the greatest things ever written hat applies deeply to their lives.

People find comfort in different ways, whether its relating to a song. Or something entirely different. after all music is there for enjoyment. who's to stop them from enjoying something different than you?

It even pisses me off how they refer to every low key show as a "concert". When I hear concert, I think big large venue with many many people. Things like... Bieber for instance. But that's what they use.
"A concert is a live performance, usually of music, before an audience."

because you can't comprehend that people have different opinions in music than you, grow up and accept that.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by SaintsofNowhere

I edited my post to clarify pretty soon after. I'm on your side, bro, but yes it fucking pisses me off.
Well I'm in college now, but when I was in school most people listened to Black Eyed Peas, 50 Cent, Flo-Rida, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Green Day. And also there was the ocasional dude who liked Queen, AC/DC and Guns N' Roses (only knowing about 10 songs from each of those bands), and people always looked up to that dude as the "rockstar". However as soon as someone found out that you liked Metallica, you were instantly the "brutal emo who wants to slit his wrists".

Lol school.
hell if i know, i only let myself communicate with less than 20 people at my school on a regular basis...
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Dave Matthews comes jarringly to mind, but I suppose that's the price I pay for attending a private college.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
A sample of the stuff on in the common room - Slipknot, Arctic Monkeys, Mumford & Sons, Lady GaGa, Biffy Clyro. It's probably more alternative than a lot of people's schools, but it's still generally 'pop' stuff, not that I'm the sort to complain, I'm listening to my own music most of the time.
Mostly just Top 40 stuff, along with rap and hip-hop with deep voices and strong bass.

And lots of metalcore/hardcore/deathcore. But not even the good stuff. They all love Avenged Sevenfold, Attack Attack!, Alesana, BMTH, etc.

It's sad. And the only buddy I had in school that listened to the same music as me moved for Uni, so now I'm
why is it that all the elitist dickbags come to these threads?

As a fan of metal, I can honestly say that Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, and Lady Gaga and the like are more talented than most metal/classic rock/ whatever else singers. The only one I actually listen to regularly is Katy Perry, but holy shit people, just because someone doesn't love classic rock or metal or whatever the hell you like doesn't make you "superior".

And who the hell said he was sad that Muse gets radio play? what the f[size-2]uck is there to be sad about? I anything, you should be happy they can get popular doing something they love. Just because some more people know them now doesn't mean you can't enjoy them.
Last edited by Cheeselord at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by Cheeselord
why is it that all the elitist dickbags come to these threads?

The TS was just asking for it.
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Page 1 of 3