Poll: Can you play more than one instrument?
Poll Options
View poll results: Can you play more than one instrument?
I play more than one instrument.
340 88%
I do not play more than one instrument.
45 12%
Voters: 385.
Page 1 of 5
I'm just wondering how much of UG knows more than one instrument...

I know guitar, piano, and vocals if that counts. Posts stating what you play are appreciated.
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
I play guitar and bass, but some people might consider them the same instrument.

edit: I can also play piano. Kinda.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Last edited by mcjosh at Sep 26, 2010,
Guitar and piano for now. Would like to take up something like the cello though.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by mcjosh
I play guitar and bass, but some people might consider them the same instrument.

two different instruments imo.

me: guitar, bass, banjo, ukulele (a little, not brilliantly) and vox.

EDIT: piano, but im a beginner, so not really.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Vocals, guitar, bass, drums, alto sax, tenor sax and percussion (orchestral band)
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
guitar, bass, drums, piano, violin, ukulele, banjo, mandolin, harmonica
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
I play guitar, bass, little bit of drums.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Guitar, Bass, alto saxophone, and a little ukulele. I can play a few chords on piano but that's it.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Guitar, drums and mandolin. I own a harmonica too but haven't really gotten into learning to play it yet.
Guitar, bass, drums, piano, violin.....that is all in order of how good i am at each instrument....guitar best violin worst
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
guitar, bass, vocals
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Guitar, Bass And Drums :P not so good at drums yet tho :P

M-Audio Fastrack + Pod Farm

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
Guitar and bass, but that's about it. Unfortunately, I'm not all that good at either one

I would like to learn drums and piano too though (and maybe how to sing well).
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at Sep 26, 2010,
My principles are jazz guitar and classical violin in college. I'm also practicing keyboard by myself because I really want to play Bach's keyboard pieces...that is the only goal as far as that goes.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm a drummer mainly, but I've been playing guitar for a few years now.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Bass, clarinet, and bass clarinet if you count that as different from regular Bb clarinet. I think it is.. it's a bit weird to play if you don't do a few things first.
I was kind of surprised to see 5 people who voted no.
I kinda figured if you can play one, you can play them all, I play guitar, bass, organ, piano, banjo and I can keep a beat on drums, I plan on learning uke and mandolin, possibly some other stuff.
I'm a guitarist, but I know how to play the drums (Just a little though), and I used to play the keyboard when I owned one.

Obviously I don't really count as a "Multi-instrumentalist" because I only own guitar-related stuff, but I hope to own a drumset, bass, and another keyboard when I live on my own.
Acoustic guitar, classical guitar, electric guitar, acoustic bass guitar, electric bass guitar, electronic drum set, acoustic drum set, piano, synthesizer, clavichord, keytar and vuvuzela.
Guitar mainly,

I can bluff bass like a guitar player, I can play some basic piano, I sing and do a smidge of harmonica in one song.

but I wouldn't class myself as a multi-instrumentalist as I am only reasonably accomplished in one area.
Last edited by GezzyDiversion at Sep 26, 2010,
I mainly play guitar, and a little piano(but I suck at piano). Also, I am able to pick up and jam out on a bass when I go to a local guitar store, but I don't own one.
Guitar, Bass, and Drums

I'm best at guitar, but I can hold my own on drums quite a bit. I wouldn't call myself a qualified bassist, any guitarist can pick up a bass and just doodle around on the root notes, which is what I would do. I do a bit of slap, but it's mediocre.
Guitar,bass,banjo,bouzouki,mandolin,drums,harmonica some keyboards and I also do some vocals on the side.I do have a lot of free time though. ^^
If you could reason with religious people,there would be no religious people.
Obviously guitar. And I find my way around a piano but no way near well enough to even begin to think about saying I play it.
Guitar, Drums, Bass, Vox, Piano
Check out my YouTube Videos
http:
//www.youtube.com/user/callamanster
Guitar, vocals. I used to play the flute. I also know the notes on the piano but I only know a few songs.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I mainly play guitar.

But I can play
Trumpet
Violin (quit it, probably can't still play)
mandolin
bass
drums
sing

I suck at any form of keyed instrument though. Keyboard, organ, piano, synth, that sorta thing.

Recorder, flute, piccolo, guitar, bass, drums, piano (some), trumpet (some), marimba/xylophone, and vox.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Ive played piano for 13 years, guitar and drums for 4, bass for 3, clarinet and sax for 6 and trumpet for 2. I have no life
Quote by mcjosh

edit: I can also play piano. Kinda.
If you play bass in the way that you've invested time into learning how to play it then I'd call it a different instrument. If you "play bass" as in you're a guitarist who has the physical ability to play bass but has never spent much/any time on it then I'd say that you don't really play bass.

On topic, I play guitar, bass and violin.
I can play guitar at a 'university' level i would say, because i am a fingerstyle guitar major, but i love metal and punk and pop and everything. I also am pretty good at bass and piano. I am a decent drummer, but i've never owned a set, i just go with what i hear from the bands i listen to. And the basic stuff. I also sang in high school and am the lead singer of my solo project which is just me haha. And i can play a VERY shitty cello, and a decent fretless upright bass.
Page 1 of 5