So after doing my research I have narrowed my new amps down to a hand full and ANY advice would be really appreciated.. I'll be playing indie type music and need an amp to keep up with the drummer during practice.

What I've narrowed it down to is

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Blackstar Ht-20 / Ht-40
Orange Tiny Terror / Rocker 30
Vox AC-15..

These are all within my budget so I just need to be pointed in the right direction!
Thanks!
If you don't need crytal clean cleans, the AC15/AC30 is the standard for indie music.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
If you don't need crytal clean cleans, the AC15/AC30 is the standard for indie music.
I'm confused. Are you saying the AC15/AC30 doesn't have absurdly good cleans?

TS, those amps are all relatively different. You need to tell us exactly what sound you're going for in order for us to be able to help you. "Indie" doesn't really help.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
if you want a super clean sound, Fender
if you want a good overall sound good for anything, Vox
if you want a more rock tone, then Orange or Blackstar.

also take a look at Traynor amps. i've seen many indie band starting to use these, and i have even used them in the past for things ranging from super clean sounds (almost fender esque) to rock and even some metal with a pedal slapped on.
Quote by food1010
I'm confused. Are you saying the AC15/AC30 doesn't have absurdly good cleans?

TS, those amps are all relatively different. You need to tell us exactly what sound you're going for in order for us to be able to help you. "Indie" doesn't really help.

The AC15 wont have much headroom for gigging.

I was saying the AC15 and the AC30 were go to amps for indie bands.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Sorry, I'll be goin for a sound similar to The Strokes / Arctic Monkeys, if that helps?
Quote by Jhachey22
The AC15 wont have much headroom for gigging.

I was saying the AC15 and the AC30 were go to amps for indie bands.
Ah, makes sense. The AC30 should give you a good bit more headroom though. At least more than the Tiny Terror or HT-20.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
Ah, makes sense. The AC30 should give you a good bit more headroom though. At least more than the Tiny Terror or HT-20.

Could I get away with the AC-15?
Quote by brady14
Could I get away with the AC-15?

If your drummer isn't a madman, probably. It won't be giant open cleans, more like gritty cleans. but it'll work.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by brady14
Sorry, I'll be goin for a sound similar to The Strokes / Arctic Monkeys, if that helps?
After a bit of research, it seems that the Arctic Monkeys' guitarist uses an Orange AD30.

And as for the Strokes, I think both of their guitarists use Hot Rod Devilles.

So I guess what it comes down to now is whether you prefer the American sound (Fender) or the British sound (Orange, Blackstar, Vox).
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
After a bit of research, it seems that the Arctic Monkeys' guitarist uses an Orange AD30.

And as for the Strokes, I think both of their guitarists use Hot Rod Devilles.

So I guess what it comes down to now is whether you prefer the American sound (Fender) or the British sound (Orange, Blackstar, Vox).

I'd prefer the British sound. How loud would 15watts tube be in comparision to Solid State?
Quote by brady14
I'd prefer the British sound. How loud would 15watts tube be in comparision to Solid State?

15w tube is considerably louder than 15w SS. but i'd say you would want at the very least 20w tube. preferably 30w.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
So can anyone point me towards an amp that would suit me? Around 30watts?
Dunnow if it's the tone you're after, but you might wanna take a look at the new orange Th 30 line... here's the link: http://orangeamps.com/products.asp?Action=List&Cat=29

Edit: especially because it has a special clean channel.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Last edited by Doogy-Style at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by Doogy-Style
Dunnow if it's the tone you're after, but you might wanna take a look at the new orange Th 30 line... here's the link: http://orangeamps.com/products.asp?Action=List&Cat=29

Edit: especially because it has a special clean channel.

I'd love one man but they're just out of my price range! I think a secondhand AC-30 is what i'll be going for!
Quote by brady14
I'd love one man but they're just out of my price range! I think a secondhand AC-30 is what i'll be going for!

good decision
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
Even though I'm hugely considering the second hand AC30.. would the Blackstar be capable of what sound I want?
Quote by brady14
Even though I'm hugely considering the second hand AC30.. would the Blackstar be capable of what sound I want?

yea, i think so. but an AC30 would do it best IMO. the blackstar is more versatile though.
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by The_Blode
I highly recommend the HT-20. Super versatile when you decide to play anything different...but that's not to say that each of its individual sounds are bad. It's a great all-around amp. it does Fender cleans, Marshall cleans, blues, Marshall crunch, all the way up to heavy/thrash metal in both American and British voicings.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Quote by Ayses
I highly recommend the HT-20. Super versatile when you decide to play anything different...but that's not to say that each of its individual sounds are bad. It's a great all-around amp. it does Fender cleans, Marshall cleans, blues, Marshall crunch, all the way up to heavy/thrash metal in both American and British voicings.

Cheers for the feedback, I think it'll come down to the Ht-20 or the AC15. I can't find a decent second hand AC30 around? The lower wattage shouldn't sway my decision though? Done some research and even the AC15 should keep up with a drumer. The cleans won't be amazing but I'm not looking for sparkly cleans!