basically i have the cheap crybaby wah pedal, and its the model befor ethe ones now. its quite old i think i bought it used, is there anyway to make it better without spending too much money as i want a beter sound from it.

its not balanced enough if that makes anysense, it goes from all out treble toe down to bassy at the heel end...it is not gradual like i would like it.

is there anyway to stiffen the rocker as well

any help (other than buying a new one) is appreciated
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Fender Greta + 1x12 Homemade cabinet - For sale PM for details.
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013 - Goldtop
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Well your comment on not being balanced enough is pretty common amongst most modern "original" crybabys I'm afraid. You could replace the circuit...
Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
im not sure wether its modern...then again how modern we talking about lol?
i defo know that it is not the one that is being sold now

what is this i hear about fasel mods...is it worth it/hard to do and will i notice any difference
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
have you tried turning the tone down on your guitar a bit that should make the change a bit more gradual?
Quote by Next Hendrix
Walk in on your wife with another man.
Kill them both.
Go to prison in Louisiana.
Have conversation with the Devil.
Instant harmonica asskickery.
^ your guitar signal is going into the wah, rolling back your tone will smooth out the tone a little, but it's not going to have a drastic affect on the overall sound of the wah.

Replace the stock inductor. that will make a big difference in sound. I like the Red Fasel, personally.

you can also swap out the 33K resistor between the inductor and the input jack for one with a higher value. the higher the value, the depper the sweep.

this is a good site to get you started:
http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/mods/dunlop.htm
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 26, 2010,
yeah, it's rubbish. I've noticed that slight design flaw with mine too.

There are a bunch of mods available online, if you know how to solder (I haven't tried them). Try the various diy guitar fx forums, wah-wah.co.uk, that stinkfoot one based in sweden (link in the post above, beaten to it ), etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeh i can solder a bit but wil the online forums have any instructions on what to remove and where to place lol. and for a all these mod components how much will it cost me...i think im going to have to have a go

by the way im in the UK so is there anywhere to get them from over here?
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
yeah i think there should be instructions. that wah-wah.co.uk site is based here, i think, i think there are instructions there for doing it yourself. the stinkfoot one too i think has instructions if i remember correctly.

also try google, type in dunlop gcb-95 mods, or something like that.

as i said, there are a bunch of forums (freestompboxes.org is one) dedicated to modding pedals, if you find them and do a bit of lurking and searching you should be able to find some info.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you can pick up resistors and capacitors at electronic stores. You'll probably have to order an inductor, tough. Fasels are like $20. Not sure how much a Whipple is, though.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
^ your guitar signal is going into the wah, rolling back your tone will smooth out the tone a little, but it's not going to have a drastic affect on the overall sound of the wah.

Replace the stock inductor. that will make a big difference in sound. I like the Red Fasel, personally.

you can also swap out the 33K resistor between the inductor and the input jack for one with a higher value. the higher the value, the depper the sweep.

this is a good site to get you started:
http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/mods/dunlop.htm

What this guy said. Although I like both the yellow and red fasels equally. If I were you I'd check out both before you make a decision.
Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
is there anyway to stiffen the rocker?
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah