hi guys
i am new here , found this forum luckely with tons of good info on it ;]
i have a question on clean amps .
i own a strat , boss me70 and a hot rod deluxe 1996 .
now , i wanted a cleaner sound as the hr breaks up with volumes higher than 3 or so .
aswell as the hr is kind of pushin the tones to the middle a lot ..
the thing is , that i have heard somebody playing a twin reverb and fell in love with the tone . since neither of the local shops have more than one high end fender amp in stock , i cant compare them by playing .
the twin is waay to big for me , but the deluxe reverb and the princeton reverb aren't .
so i was wondering , those amps sound the same clean as the twin , with volumes on like halfway or so ?
also a point of consideration is that i use the boss me70 when i want , but most playing will be done straight into the amp with that sweet fender reverb .
greetzz ferro
fender deluxe reverb wont have any more headroom IMO, its only 22watts. sense you were at least looking at the twin reverb, you can also check out the Fender Bassman LTD 4x10 which is what i use. its 50watts and has some decent cleans until its cranked to 6, around 5 it gets some very light breakup but the tube rectifier gives it some nice vintage sag to the breakup so it still sounds clean. oh and you will need earplugs for cranking it past 4! its got nice cleans but it can knock your ear drums around!

its made of pine so its alot lighter than it looks.

you can also use lower gain preamp tubes such as a 12at7 instead of the regular 12ax7s, that at least is what i've heard.
Last edited by WaltTheWerewolf at Sep 26, 2010,
^The Bassman doesn't sound at all like the Twin.

If you want something like a twin but a tad quieter, check out the Vibrolux. you could always buy a twin and pull 2 of the power tubes.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 26, 2010,
^The Bassman doesn't sound at all like the Twin.

If you want something like a twin but a tad quieter, check out the Vibrolux. you could always buy a twin and pull 2 of the power tubes.

well i never said it did, but its in the same price range. thats all i was getting at.

sounds like he is after a fender with decent headroom that wont break up so quickly, and thats why i plugged the Bassman.
Last edited by WaltTheWerewolf at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
well i never said it did, but its in the same price range. thats all i was getting.

sounds like he is after a fender with decent headroom, and thats why i plugged the Bassman.

If he's looking at a twin, he's not going to want the Bassman sound.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
well what he should do is try out all the fender amps Vibro, Super, Princeton, Deluxe, Bassman, and see what feels the best to him. Sure the Bassman ISNT a twin, but i originally planned on getting a twin and eventually left with a Bassman lol.

its got decent fender cleans and a hell of alot better than a HR.

last time i plug the Bassman, now i will shut up.
thanks for the reply guys .
the thing that i am after is , volumewise , that i got a hr now , and i only ever play it on volume 3 or maybe 4 . it is very loud at lower volumelevels so that is no good comparisment . my concern was , that a twin reverb is excelent sound , but way too big . i want that same clean sound but smaller . i reackon that the 22 watts from a princeton reverb would be enough aswell as the deluxe reverb , but is the clean sounds at midlle volume as clean as the twin ? im not gonna crank it much , so
Quote by ferrooo
thanks for the reply guys .
the thing that i am after is , volumewise , that i got a hr now , and i only ever play it on volume 3 or maybe 4 . it is very loud at lower volumelevels so that is no good comparisment . my concern was , that a twin reverb is excelent sound , but way too big . i want that same clean sound but smaller . i reackon that the 22 watts from a princeton reverb would be enough aswell as the deluxe reverb , but is the clean sounds at midlle volume as clean as the twin ? im not gonna crank it much , so

If you're never going to crank it, then yeah the Deluxe or the princeton will be fine.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater