Hi, so I'm having problems with a single part in this song... its the 10p7 part, you know
--5h7-----------10p7----------------
--------000---------------00000000

The weird thing is, everyone plays that part like i posted, but when i play it the 10p7 just doesnt sound like it should( sounds crap ! ), and my string isnt out of tune.

Seriously i get the urge to replace the 10p7 with another 5h7 since, i sware the God, that part sounds like a 5h7 to me!! Anyone else think that way ?
nope was learning this today sounds fine

you playing the 10p7 like -5h7-----------10p7-----------------5h7-----------10p7---------------- ?
--------000---------------00000000-------000---------------00000000

that may be the problem if not i cant think why it sounds off to you
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
Maybe you're not pulling off to the 7th fret very well. Make sure you use proper pull-off technique, where instead of simply removing the top finger you need to sort of pluck the string with the finger you're pulling off.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
Maybe you're not pulling off to the 7th fret very well. Make sure you use proper pull-off technique, where instead of simply removing the top finger you need to sort of pluck the string with the finger you're pulling off.

This.
Also the pull off is pretty fast, maybe you're not playing it fast enough? Maybe you keep fretting the A string when playing the open E, etc.

10p7 is definitely right.
Work on your pulloffs. And if you think the 10p7 sounds like a 5h7, you need to listen closer. It's definitely 10p7.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
just make sure your pinky plucks the 10, and your indexfinger is on the 7 before you pluck. Like, don't pull from the 10 onto open A then hammer on to 7. Just slide from 5, down to 7, keep your index at 7, then pluck with the pinky.
^ might be a bit hard for TS to pull off with his pinky. i use my middle finger so it sound nice and strong.
Quote by CreepingDeath13
^ might be a bit hard for TS to pull off with his pinky. i use my middle finger so it sound nice and strong.

its a bad habbit to get into really, they should use their little finger
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
Quote by Junior#1
Work on your pulloffs. And if you think the 10p7 sounds like a 5h7, you need to listen closer. It's definitely 10p7.

Agreed, from a distance it sounds like 5h7 but once you listen closly its 10p7. Song gave me trouble in the begining nailing that part but once you get it, its so much fun.
Killing is my business...and business is not good
Last edited by Savior Airz at Sep 27, 2010,
Holy wars is sick, just look at how mustaine plays the whole riff while singing at the same time. \M/
Quote by Blooddrunk_Moon
Holy wars is sick, just look at how mustaine plays the whole riff while singing at the same time. \M/

It's not that sick. It's a pretty easy riff once you get used to it.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.