Okay,
So i've been looking for a little interface for home recording.
I'm looking to either mic up the amp, or go through the D.I on the amps, whichever is better.
I will be recording a bass, a guitar, an electric drum kit with midi, and vocals.

How good are the results with this interface? Seeing as all the tracks will be recorded at different times, this will be a good place to start?

I can plug an instrument straight into the interface aswell?

Is this worth the money?
Can i run studio monitors through it? if so where do they connect?

If i run monitors through it, when i plug in an instrument, will it act like an amp?
Quote by morson93
Okay,
So i've been looking for a little interface for home recording.
I'm looking to either mic up the amp, or go through the D.I on the amps, whichever is better.
I will be recording a bass, a guitar, an electric drum kit with midi, and vocals.

How good are the results with this interface? Seeing as all the tracks will be recorded at different times, this will be a good place to start?

I can plug an instrument straight into the interface aswell?

Is this worth the money?
Can i run studio monitors through it? if so where do they connect?

If i run monitors through it, when i plug in an instrument, will it act like an amp?

I have one and it works pretty well especially for the one-by-one recording approach you're going to do. My issue is that the preamps could be a bit nicer. Not really a huge problem though.

Yes, you can plug in an instrument using either a regular guitar/instrument cable or an XLR cable. you can also set the input level to pickup or line level. It also has a pad.

EDIT: and of course midi in and out

Yes you can run studio monitors. They'll connect to the stereo RCA plugs on the back(or the TRS or SPDIF). If there are powered then you can use them like an amp (i wouldn't recommend this though.)
Last edited by djjiles at Sep 27, 2010,